ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the areas you wish to improve in art?

What are the areas you wish to improve in art?

Do you have any artistic areas that you wish to learn or improve?
    Here is a list of things I wish to conquer as they are so difficult for me to do!

Waves
    water
    rocks
    the human body

Thanks Rose, and thanks for participating. I would also love to work on anatomy of animals as well.

I hope to improve my artistic abilities in only two areas...everything I already know and everything I don't.

And although I wrote the above as a silly...and probably ineffective...attempt at humor, I now realize that it is actually quite true for me. I started pursuing my interest in art two years ago (a late start!) and while I'm relatively happy with what I've learned and accomplished (and thanks to the forum folks who have helped me tremendously), I know that I've barely scratched the surface.

I suppose that if I was pressed to be specific, I'd say that I hope to "train" the often clumsy paws at the ends of my arms enough so that they can capture the mental image I have and actually make it happen on the page (or screen)...a long road for me but one exciting to travel.

I need help to improve in
    Waves
    water
    Mountains

I would love to be able to get what is in this spacey head of mine onto canvas and look like I want lol.I get half way through it and then erase it all since it just doesn't look right to me lol.I know hard to do all this at once so just working on 1 thing at a time for now.

I want to thank everyone for all the great pointers and how to do's you all do on here.

Okay JB, you know that this was not specific enough. JUST KIDDING You sound happy and satisfied with your art. That is a great thing. I have so much in this head I wish I could paint, but my lack of practice prevents me from doing so. Also my perspective leaves a lot to be desired. I need to spend more time in the tut's and practice more this year.

Greeneyes, I also have this desire and plan on reading more of Peter's and Khalid's generous tutorials. There are indeed some fabulous artists here, aren't there?

I long for the ability to be able to put what I see in my mind onto canvas.

I really wish I had more time to just sit down and have fun painting, but school and the like have really bogged me down lately. A good two weeks that I was out due to Pneumonia isn't helping my backlog either

I have about 15-20 work-in-progress paintings that I have collected over the past few months, I really wish I could just sit and finish them in one go, but I find myself doing a bit of work here-and-there.
    -

I am hoping to improve my overall creativity... there's really only so long I can go on sunsets and beaches before I long for something new.

This topic was a wonderful idea Alexandra!
    +I only see the good qualities in people. Not being faultless myself, I won't probe into the faults of others+

On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I look on the Forum at some of the amazing realism being done and I wish I could get a better command of traditional drawing and painting skills. (I'm about a half of a lifetime behind in my learning)

On Tuesdays and Thursdays I look at some of the great Abstractions and whimsical play and wish I could be more loose, go with the flow and live in the moment in my work. (Being a VP of sales during the day isn't all that conducive to bohemian loosening up I'm afraid...)

On Saturdays I practice the bass and wish I was able to bring more music to everything I do.

On Sundays I gather up all of my wishes from the week and just do the best I can. Sometimes it feels like enough.

Thank you dear Alan. Sunsets....ah there is so much beauty to see if you just open your eyes, huh? I say keep it in your heart! I am so sorry to read that you haven't been well. Your moment will come for you to be able to relax and paint. You just enjoy your time and relax when you can. School is hard enough.

Al, I know it must be hard on your working Dad's. My husband is a wonderful writer, and he does not have the time to put into it. I like to paint in the mornings before I start my routines. When I take my breaks, I love to visit the forum.
    You play bass? My husband did too. I love to sing. I went over to visit my in-laws this weekend and to sing with my brother in law who plays the piano and the guitar. He wanted to hear my voice. I was so nervous, because I only sing for the children. He said that I had a stiletto voice. I don't know what that is. Anyway, I hope that we can get together and sing together again. I really enjoyed it.
    Maybe this is another art that I wish to work on. I would love to play an instrument.

Eveerything. I feel I am at the bottom and need to improve everything.
    Love one another.-Jesus