ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: pressure sensitivity with CTRL?

pressure sensitivity with CTRL?

I noticed that there is nil pressure sensitivity while drawing straight lines, with CTRL pressed.
    Is that a limitation? can it be made optional?
    I'd really like to draw straight lines which can read the pressure at which the point/s was/were established...
    The more hair I lose, the more head I get.

That is currently a limitation of using ctrl to do a quick straight line, you're correct. Straight lines via ctrl are assumed to have a uniform pressure value along their length.

One thing which might be useful if you;re looking to do straight lines of varying pressure: Use the ruler, right click it and select 'guide mode' ( the ruler should turn blue ), then draw your line along the rulers edge. The centre of the stroke will be along the edge of the ruler, and will respect any pressure changes as it is placed on the canvas.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    That is currently a limitation of using ctrl to do a quick straight line, you're correct. Straight lines via ctrl are assumed to have a uniform pressure value along their length.

One thing which might be useful if you;re looking to do straight lines of varying pressure: Use the ruler, right click it and select 'guide mode' ( the ruler should turn blue ), then draw your line along the rulers edge. The centre of the stroke will be along the edge of the ruler, and will respect any pressure changes as it is placed on the canvas.
    Of course I do use the rulers for that, but now with the CTRL key capabilities they seem a bit cumbersome when I want to do a lot of or quick strokes. & hence this query..
    Maybe I ought to put this in the suggestions forum..
    The more hair I lose, the more head I get.

Sorry to bump a 3 year old thread, but like the OP I too would like to have pressure sensitivity while using Ctrl.

True that I could use a ruler stencil in guide mode but that workflow is slower as I first need to position the ruler along in the right angle and then draw along, as opposed to simply choosing a pivot point and ctrl+shift-ing my way through. As a workaround I use the arrow keys to set the desired brush size then draw the line and set it back to what I was using before.

Off topic - is Artrage 4 or a new major version under development currently? I'm on 3.5.5