ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't think I'm gone away :)

Don't think I'm gone away :)

Dont' think I'm gone away... I'm experimenting with a 3D modeler, want to try a mixture between 3D and pure painting to see the results! Just need a bit of time because it's not trivial to grasp such apps! So, if you notice that I miss some threads (maybe you won't notice it, eeeeh) dont' worry

P.S. this is my veeeery first attempt (maybe a bit out of topic but, you know...)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Umberto

Is it Blender?

Modo. I started loving it! It's interface is strange but... Blender is more strange
    Umberto

Modo is pretty nice too Good luck with it!!

I tried modo once, but just couldn't figure my way around..
    have you tried MOI? (moment of inspiration) I tried it and it was quite wonderfully intutive to use..

of course you can't render in that but then there are tons of renderers...

I try and use blender only for sculpting...(that also not too much, since as you said, blender is strange..as they say hereabouts, it's like 'catching your right ear with the wrong hand'.. lol)

I tried true space too, but I think after using sketchup I've become averse to complicated interfaces...
    The more hair I lose, the more head I get.

great job... looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by flyashy View Post
    I tried modo once, but just couldn't figure my way around..
    have you tried MOI? (moment of inspiration) I tried it and it was quite wonderfully intutive to use..

of course you can't render in that but then there are tons of renderers...

I try and use blender only for sculpting...(that also not too much, since as you said, blender is strange..as they say hereabouts, it's like 'catching your right ear with the wrong hand'.. lol)

I tried true space too, but I think after using sketchup I've become averse to complicated interfaces...
    I used Truespace since release 2 but since v7 cannot be able to use it anymore. So looked to Modo. My plan is to use it not for very complex models, but to create volumes and light them to get a starting point for paintings. Hence, MOI looks good as modeler but I need also a cool renderer

When I learned to model something decent I wish to global illuminate it and use the shading result as a base for the painting. So... look forward
    Umberto

I had Truespace and it took my a week to do the fish. I then went over to 2D and found these sites. I have been here ever since. It started for me with making games and then trying to make my own avatars.
    Love one another.-Jesus

Eheh Ray, I ever falled in love with 3D, but sometimes is cumbersome. Absolutely more natural 2D and AR in particular, but from time to time i fall in love again

Just to show my path to "knowledge" eheh...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Umberto

Hey Uderzo,
    this looks great!!
    I like the radiosity around the mug and the coffee looks great too!
    I had a little suggestion, right now you have curves defining the edge of the coffee inside the mug, it might bring more realism if some of the them would be upside down, as if the liquid has receded a little amd maybe a foamed edge with bubbles probably applied with displacement maps..
    just a suggestion.
    Also looking at the light quality how long did this take to render?
    I have used Artlantis studio for rendering and have found it to be incredibly fast with excellent results as far as light quality is concerned, although it is not Hi-Fidelity i.e. the light is 'fudged' rather than absolutely precise like in mantleray or others like that, and probably that is why it is quite fast.
    The more hair I lose, the more head I get.