ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: flip canvas horizontal/vertical

flip canvas horizontal/vertical

Here's a neat trick I've grown to love in Photoshop and one ArtRage could use: mirroring the canvas horizontally or vertically is a great sanity check on proportions and perspective. It helps break that spell of having sat and stared at a canvas so long, you can no longer tell what's wrong on it. I even keep a mirror around when painting in real life now .

Have you tried the 2 shortcuts - H and V ? What a surprise
    "I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!"

@monkeyscience : You can use the H and V hotkeys if you only want to take a fast look at the mirrored image; if you want to also paint and work on it (which I suppose is the case) you have to use Transform all Layers which you can find in Edit menu, then right click on the image and choose the flipping option you want. You can also flip only a layer if you want (that option is right above the transform all layers one. You should do this when zoom is at 100% to avoid re-sampling artifacts. I hope it helped

Quote Originally Posted by Borilius View Post
    Have you tried the 2 shortcuts - H and V ? What a surprise
    ROFL!!
    P.S. No offence to monkeyscience...
    The more hair I lose, the more head I get.

Or if one uses the canvas-positioner;
    simply click the triangles at the common degree angles(90,180,270,360/0)

Hans

Cool

Being a graphic designer I found this technique to be of immense help. Keeping a mirror near your painting will help you to see your work from a different perspective. It will help you to gain a better understanding of the minor glitches that you have made. You can also make corrections as and when required.