ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wooden Apology Clinic (LANGUAGE WARNING)

Wooden Apology Clinic (LANGUAGE WARNING)

I think Tiger Woods is a generally honest guy. You could tell by how awkward that public apology was, considering the hard work all the PR people put into crafting sincerity into the speech -- where to look in the room for which words, and on which to look directly into the camera, when to pause, when to gulp swallow a little harder, and so on. The same sensibility of how to learn to swing a club. Look at your stance, shoulders, elbow in, head straight, eye on the ball. . . totally stiff.

He's clearly not done it before. He is apparently not an accomplished liar. He would make a crummy politician. Considering it was such a wooden performance, I think it was a wise choice on the part of the PR firm to show contrition yet not have him demonstrate his fidelity to his wife on the spot even though there were some analogies that come to mind over the spectacle.

Carumba. Fresh meat. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!

I would like to address the PR firm that botched this apology to the point they need to make an apology and learn how to do the ART of SINCERITY. . .

If you want to know how to do the appropriate tone that we as sportsmen and the LPGA are looking for:
    I would have so bought his apology with a more believable tone like the following. Live and learn PR artists:

<CANDID yet heartfelt and sincere FOUL LANGUAGE WARNING>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh3eH...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCZSD...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev9D_...eature=related
    Last edited by D Akey; 02-22-2010 at 01:42 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Oh, HERE IT IS!! LOL... this was HYSTERICAL!!!!! I love that last one with Chris Crocker's Dad... omg, my stomach hurts from laughing. The sequence is awesome!

Wow!

LULZ great links

I didn't see the tiger apology
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Juzzie.. let's just say it was a bit 'canned' and 'wooden'... the whole thing was totally planned out for weeks. How long he'd look into the camera, who he would hug, who he would allow to come into the room, etc. TOTAL CONTROL FREAK!!! Yup, that's Tiger! Only time will really reveal whether he's sincere... hehe

Journalism used to be a laudable profession which provided a platform to reveal matters of substance. It was part of the checks and balances that kept it somewhat real.

This Tiger Woods thing is an example of the level we're operating at anymore. Tiger Woods, Brittany Spears, Michael Jackson, etc are made to order. They don't or can't fight back and they have enough money to sustain a prolonged death. Tossing virgins into the volcano to appease the gods has soooo fallen out of favor. Besides there aren't enough volcanoes to go around.

Who could it be serving to have everybody looking at the world through a comic book lens? It's so much like the 60s Batman TV show with Adam West. It's merely a diversion in the showroom while the Penguin's henchmen are clearing out the warehouse.

The trick is to keeping us looking the other way while the shackles are getting slipped onto our wrists and around our ankles. . . when the economy tanks and people are distraught, we're sooooo easy. . .but I digress. . .
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    The trick is to keeping us looking the other way while the shackles are getting slipped onto our wrists and around our ankles. . . when the economy tanks and people are distraught, we're sooooo easy. . .but I digress. . .
    I couldn't have said it better.. oh how we need to wake up and FAST!

DA... Hahahaha! Thank you! I guess in a way we all did leave home and join the circus didn't we...
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    — Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchism71 View Post
    DA... Hahahaha! Thank you! I guess in a way we all did leave home and join the circus didn't we...
    Jumpin' Jiminey, someday I shall become a real boy, ain't that right Stromboli?

Oh gosh, I hate to join on these discussions, but I am going to eat my shoe. I think everyone is going to hate me for this. I don't think it is anyone's business what this man has done. It is revolting, but I don't care. As far as apologies, to whom? His wife maybe.... but to everyone else-let the first person who has not sinned throw the first stone please.
    please don't blast me