ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: autopaint?

autopaint?

Does Artrage allow you to do auto painting where you have the picture and you click on something like oil painting and it paints it for you.

A cousin of mine is wondering this and actually, I'm interested in the answer too!

I did learn how to merge 2 photos and turn it into a painting so I could continue to do that. My cousin is still considering purchasing ArtRage so for her the answer would determine if she will purchase it.

Thanks! Beth

And how do you do this now?

Do you have a link to a tutorial or example?

Curious regards.
    Kunst muss nicht immer kompliziert sein!

ArtRage doesn't do auto-painting. Our approach is to allow the image to be imported as manipulated with the tools as if it were paint, or imported as a tracing image and have the application auto-select the colours for you from the image as you paint manually.

There may be auto-painting Photoshop filters that work with Studio Pro but there is no system built in to the application that will paint for you.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thanks for your response Matt! I'll let her know.

Narf - I uploaded a trace image - then clicked on that and selected upload to layer or something like that. Then I used the palette knife to smudge and smear the colors and also add more colors to erase the parts I didn't want like light poles and houses, roofs, cars. My painting is probably too big to post to the gallery but it does make a very nice photo-painting effect.

Beth

Check out Mediachance and the program Digital Auto Painter for a totally automated solution. However, the realism you get with doing it manually with ArtRage is much better. Rich