ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: *Let Your Love Grow*

Thumbs up *Let Your Love Grow*

Greetings again everyone

I've been dabbling over here some more and have put this together so far.

This particular project has no name at this time. I was playing around with AR and just playing with ideas I've gotten from all over the place. I used 1 of the stickers to draw out the ribbons coming off the bottom of the heart. I kinda wish we could change the color of the stickers. The one I used was bright bright red and I didn't want that. LOL IS there a way to change color on stickers? If so, I would loove to know!

Right now, this is unfinished. I'm stuck at the moment. I wanted to take this into my Photoshop CS2 and emboss/bevel the big heart in the middle and possibly add drop shadows and other minute elements to this but when I go into Photoshop and try to open the Art Rage file (I forget what it's called atm), it's not there. It isn't recognizing the file.

Can any of you help tell me how to open the layers in Photoshop? I HOPE I won't find that CS2 isn't compatible with ARSP. There is no way for me to get a newer Photoshop version.

I think next time I'll create certain items in Photoshop CS2 first and theeen bring it to ARSP if I can't do it vice versa!

Anyhow, here it is so far:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by FireFytingNut; 02-20-2010 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Thank you IrishRose! Great name!

Thank you so so much Irish! Great name! Let Your Love Grow it is! (now if I can figure out how to change my title! LOL)

You've got a great start going.
    I've never used photoshop, but I'm pretty sure you can export your artrage layer to a .psd file. I would assume that you would then be able to use it in photoshop.

OOOH barn, thank you! I have to get out the door in a moment but later on, I will give that a try. That is probably what I'm missing or doing wrong. Thank you, as well for the kind reply!

:::EDIT::: ok I just had to try it out or it would have bugged me all day. I'll be darned Barn! It works! Thanks a bazillion buddy! Now I can get back to making some changes.
    Last edited by FireFytingNut; 02-20-2010 at 05:18 AM.

Believe it or not Rose, I'm not tired of learning! I was telling my best friend about all these new things I'm learning and doing and she said "be careful! You're going to burn yourself out at this pace!" LOL I do kinda wonder about that but as of right now I am really just eating this stuff up!

By the way, you said you saw "pink", Rose. I hope what you see is a very deep burgandy/maroonish type color. I don't know if it's my monitor or what but there was one thing I put together a month ago and when I went over to my neighbor's place and had her pull it up on her computer, it looked TOTALLY different!

When you mention pink, what type? it's not coming off as a light pink or rose pink is it? Just making sure on this. If the colors go good together that's great! I don't even mind it being pink really. It just made me wonder.

Actually, since you and I were chatting in PMs, I should mention this. I thought about adding this but then was like "eh.....sounds corny" LOL I was actually going for colors that I have in my living room with all of the firefighting memorabilia. Blues and Reds are, of course, big firefighting colors! I love firefighting and so the heart with the colors is part of what I brought into this image. That's also why I wondered about the pink. Again, though, it's not a bad thing. I wouldn't be crushed that the colors look different or something. It's not that big of a deal.

Well, I've been fiddling with this in Photoshop CS2 and here's what I've come up with so far. There's 2 variations atm. Not sure what I like or don't like just yet. Still kind of experimenting. In the 2nd image, I see some areas that are a little odd looking and need adjustment but those are probably easily fixable. I'll see if you all notice them at all. I'd be interested to find out who likes what on this though. Any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Right on Rose!! Thanks a million!

It is also a busy busy weekend for me. I go to a class to paint ceramics on Saturdays so that's just a typical thing but tomorrow I'm having a late birthday celebration with my best friend. She got tickets to see the Riverdance tomorrow. WOOHOO! So I'll get a Red Lobster dinner (my aaabsolute favorite in town) and enjoy a night out. It should be fun.

My point in sharing that useless info? nooo hurry and no worries. I'll be around!

awww thank you Rose! From what I hear, this is Riverdance's final tour. So we caught it in the nick of time! It'll be a blast! Too bad I don't live down in FL still huh? We'll get to talk sometime, I'm sure of it!