ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Japanese Pot

The Japanese Pot

Have you ever had a time where you were forced to think about something that was difficult to face?
    This morning was that morning for me. I was taking a break from working on my broken plumbing under the sink. It seems as if everything is going wrong. I wanted to draw to relax. I looked at this pot that my sister gave me years ago that I loved so much. I drew it and used watercolor, and knife, a bit of pencil and pen. When I finished it looked as if I painted a photo to me. I was quite amazed at the versatility of the knife and the watercolor brushes. The pot on my desk here has more of a matt finish and that is what appealed to me most, but I didn't know how to get that with my painting.
    Hope you like it too.

Today:
    I wanted to add this one today that I painted this morning using 7% metalic on the airbrush and the watercolor low liquid. I ended up changing the pot a little, but still I am pleased with the effect. Thanks Cesare for your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Alexandra; 02-21-2010 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Wanted to try different technique

Dearest Sandra I love it you have done a marvellous job on this one
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

Sandra

Wonderful

I love the deep blues in contrast with the light blues and grays.
    Very cool technique.

Mike
    Mbrienza

Sandra I love this, and the colors blue is my favorite color and the gray all look great together. Beautiful painting.
    Valerie

Mike, Thanks so much. You know it was an oatmeal color on the bottom, and the more I tried to paint it, it took on an iridescent hue, so I had to leave it alone. I hope the terra cotta color in the background is not too much. It is a blast using layers, isn't it?

Valerie, Thanks so much. I had always admired the little pot and was thrilled when she gave it to me. I have had it for twenty three years now. She purchased it in Japan when she was a young woman. I love pottery, and have two favorite pieces. I will paint the other one now that I see what the watercolor brushes will do!

Awww Alexandra!! ((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))) I am sorry to hear things are going rough for you at the moment.

I am learning that it is such a relief to sit down and just work on some art for a while when things get rough and I'm so glad that you did!! I love it!! Looks like a beautiful pot and the sentimental aspect is so cool! Great job!

Wonderful time-out painting, dear Sandra!
    As for Your question You posed, there are at least three possible approaches You may test (the simplest ones perhaps, without making recourse to particular sheets or stickers).
    1. try with enough metal content;
    2. try with either the roller at adequate pressure and thinned enough or very low pressure chalk on the painting and a low presure smoothin with either the first or the last blender type (not too much pressure)
    3. use lower loaded watercolour with very short strokes in the right direction (less controllable)
    Let us know in case...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

FFN, Thanks so much for your sweet compliment. It does help to have an outlet or two.

Cesare, I can't wait to try with your suggestions. Thank you so much. I didn't think about the canvas being a little metal. I used the plain canvas. I have to run out a bit, but tonight I am looking forward to trying this. I will also take a photo of the little pot.

You may also use the metal percentage on the paint too ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!