ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: imac And 3.0.6

imac And 3.0.6

dang, folks .... I hate to ask yet another basic question but I can't seem to find the answer myself. I downloaded 3.0.6 without any problems and it launches and seems to work alright. Reading posts from pc users mention uninstalling 3.0.5 before downloading 3.0.6 but I didn't attempt to do so. I can't seem to find the older version anywhere on this imac and am wondering if the uninstall is a pc specific function?
    I don't want to have duplicates filling up my hard drive if it isn't necessary. Thanks for any help.

'shaps

"if at first you don't succeed, blame someone else"

Thanks so much for the help, Rose. I don't know if I'll ever get the hang of this thing but I'll keep plugging away, time permitting. One day I'll surprise you all with a bee-yoo-tiful work of art. Thanks again.

hi angelchaps,

if you want to delete all files that came with the app just get this app, it will show you which file where put somewhere in the system (of course freeware).

link: freemacsoft.net/AppCleaner/

But it also works like IrishRose told it you

Thanks for the cleaner link Alonzo. I got it loaded into my app folder ... now just need to figure out what to throw away from everything it listed. I tried it on an app I don't use since I found AR. It listed 10 items but did not indicate whether or not they were duplicates. Most seemed to be important. Ah well, I'll just keep on plugging away. chugga chugga chugga

When you install ArtRage by dragging it to the Applications folder shortcut in the installer all it does is copy the ArtRage executable file to the Apps folder, nothing else gets installed at that point.

The only other locations it accesses are the user's Library/Preferences folder to store preferences, the system's Libary/Application Support folder to store registration information, and the user's Library/Application Support folder where it stores any custom resources you add such as stickers. We don't tweak anything in the OS so removing the application itself from the applications folder renders all those locations unused by any other process.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.