Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Exploration Starship

Thank You very much, dear friends, for our appreciation of this blitz in the sci-fi theme.

I'm sure I could do something a little better than this half experimental piece from an high speed drawing, including the perspective, as correctly observed by Andrea, a real master with such paintings (thanks a lot).
    Actually I didn't use any kind of 3D programs or even too long design and graphical building rules I know, but accurately avoid ...
    I tend to just make recourse to free hands and mind for any kind of body 3-axes rotations, so I'm fundamentally error-prone (curiously less when I deal with feminine bodies than with brand new hypersonic landing vehicles ...)
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Dear Caesar, this fantastic painting reminds me of the opening scene from Planet of the Apes when the sleeping astronauts aircraft plumets to earth into a lake, exciting painting!!! good job!

LOL Lee! I promise I'm not stalking you! You've been leaving replies that just get me thinking!

That is SO true about Planet of the Apes! Great observations on this art Lee!

I'm so pleased to see such an exploration from you dearest Caesar, this genre certainly fits your unique and creative style! I love the colors used in this painting, they work beautifully with the subtle doses of light you incorporated; makes this ship much more mysterious, in addition to the land it is surveying. I could see it hovering over some of my planets that's for sure
    "We can only grow the way the wind blows...
    We can only bow to the here and now,
    or be broken down blow by blow."

- Rush

Dear Fire, must be the time of day we are checking on our friends

wonderful work Caesar.
    An artist is someone who can see the hidden beauty of the world.
    http://kev2grey.co.uk

Good job Caesar! Excellent colors and setting.
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Excellent, tasteful and very much a Caesar painting!

Dear Lee, I saw bits and pieces of that movie long ago, so, in a way I saw it all. I can't recollect too much but the ape's-like actors aspects.
    A great one, anyway. Thanks a lot!

Thank You, dear FireFytingNut and don't worry about stalkingme; I'm not afraid, especially if You're a lady ...

Dearest Ailaya, now that I know how to evocate You in this Forum again, I'll try to go on with such a genre! I'll thus new machines and aircrafts appropriately designed to hover or even land on Your enchanting planets (I hope You will soon post again). Here I tried to figure out how lights and shadows would work at dawn in a planet orbiting around two suns, a closer yellow-orange one and a blue one more distant. I should probably try to check with a 3D program to see if I guessed right enough. Thank You!

Glad to receive Your encouraging appreciation, dear Kev2grey! Thanks a lot!

Dear Jibes, I'm happy You're back and probably Your warm and colourful palettes unconsciously contributed to such a vision. Thank You!

Dear F_P, many heartfelt thanks! Next time, for such type of works,maybe I'd pick a Frazetta painting palette and keep into its combinations.
    Thank You!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hi Caesar

I like very much this type of painting and this is very well done Oh i forgot i like also your new avatar
    Visit my website here