ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: File name display?

File name display?

Hi Rage Team,
    Is it possible in some future update to make the current filename visible somewhere?
    I keep saving sequenced versions of files but since the "save as.." dialog opens with "untitled.ptg" by default it's very hard to remember what was the name given to the current file, and hence involves a bit of trial and error
    (as in "Overwrite xyz2.ptg..?" erm nope, "Overwrite xyz3.ptg..?"erm nope, xyz4.ptg.. voila!!)
    The more hair I lose, the more head I get.

The current filename should be visible in the titlebar of the ArtRage window, and on Windows should also be visible on the task bar. However, for full screen work I suppose the file dialog when you go to 'save as' should really reflect the current name. I've made a note to consider options for this!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    The current filename should be visible in the titlebar of the ArtRage window, and on Windows should also be visible on the task bar. However, for full screen work I suppose the file dialog when you go to 'save as' should really reflect the current name. I've made a note to consider options for this!
    I always end up working maximised, and the taskbar is also usually on autohide, so never really noticed that AR displays the filename too
    Anyway it'd be great to have the current filename popping up in the save as dialog.
    Thanks.
    The more hair I lose, the more head I get.