Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Memories

My middle school years were spent in Yell county along the Petit Jean river. A lot of memories surfaced. That is beautiful country, though not so dramatic as some.

Quote Originally Posted by Docsmith626 View Post
    My middle school years were spent in Yell county along the Petit Jean river. A lot of memories surfaced. That is beautiful country, though not so dramatic as some.
    You probably had a lot of hills in that area?
    We were from Clay County, in the Rector area.
    Majority of the country around there was flatland farming country. Nice folks, but not nearly as scenic
    as a lot of other parts of Arkansas.

This is looking great. Awesome transformation from the reference pic. Memories are so much more colorful than reality!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchism71 View Post
    This is looking great. Awesome transformation from the reference pic. Memories are so much more colorful than reality!
    LOL.. Ain't that the truth. Actually, that's been a big part of what I'm trying to do, as much as is possible - taking the "new" and "shine" off, trying to make it look more like the way it was. There's no way to accurately
    match it, but, trying to get it as close as I can.
    Thanks a lot for the kind comments.

Here's the last update for tonight.
    More to come tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nine.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	410.0 KB 
ID:	41973  

Quote Originally Posted by barnburner View Post
    Well, let's hope that is a long, long, long time!
    Here's the first update of the day.
    Did some repair work on and around the porch,
    added some barbs to my barbed wire fence (or as we called it back in the day - "bobbed war fince". LOL)
    Started on the grass and driveway.
    More to follow.
    I'll be okay, just a lot of things going on... and thank you for your kind comments. My jaw drops every time you do an update... and I take a look at the original and am just amazed... it really is getting there... don't give up. You are making all the right decisions! Back later... time to get the rug rats up...

LOL on the "bobbed war fince". I feel like I'm going back in time!

Quote Originally Posted by IrishRose View Post
    I'll be okay, just a lot of things going on... and thank you for your kind comments. My jaw drops every time you do an update... and I take a look at the original and am just amazed... it really is getting there... don't give up. You are making all the right decisions! Back later... time to get the rug rats up...

LOL on the "bobbed war fince". I feel like I'm going back in time!
    Many thanks Rose..

A short update this morning. Nothing big. Cleaned up the cotton patch, did some work on the concrete blocks, replaced a couple of chickens that died thru the night, and some touch up work on the side of the house.
    Chores to do, so I'll be back at it later.

Mike

Name:	10.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	227.8 KB 
ID:	41987  

This has such a great look, such a great emotion and feeling to it... (lol on cleaning up the chickens that died last night)... I love the cotton field in the back of the house... and the colors are just beautiful. You should be very proud. You're almost done!!!

This has such a great look, such a great emotion and feeling to it... (lol on cleaning up the chickens that died last night)... I love the cotton field in the back of the house... and the colors are just beautiful. You should be very proud. You're almost done!!!
    Thank you very much Rose. I appreciate your support all the way thru this. Still have probably at least a day of little things - PLUS - I just realized that I have the angle of the right driveway wrong, so that has to be fixed. It's amazing how you can look at something countless times, then all of a sudden, say "whoops".

Mike

Mike, I just looked and yes, you're right.. I didn't notice it either... I guess I was keeping my thoughts more on the color, the composition, etc... and not comparing it much to the reference. I need to do that to make a better 'critiquer'

Mike, I just looked and yes, you're right.. I didn't notice it either... I guess I was keeping my thoughts more on the color, the composition, etc... and not comparing it much to the reference. I need to do that to make a better 'critiquer'
    Whoa - that turned into an unexpected pain...
    Changed the path of the driveway...but..then could not
    get the colors to match the other side... Almost got desperate enough to redo the other side, then remembered "If you can't raise the draw bridge - lower the water"...that did it.
    Of course the change in the driveway, dictated a change in the path of the center pathway from the house,
    and I added some little "worn down" center on the foot paths.
    Now, need to do some more sun/win/rain/time damage to the house, and, find a rake.
    More to follow..

Name:	11.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	225.0 KB 
ID:	42005