ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jon Hodgson - Fantasy Art For Beginners

Jon Hodgson - Fantasy Art For Beginners

I just picked up issue #2 of Digital Artist which has a good review of ArtRage 3 by Simon Dominic. There's also an interview with Matt Fox-Wilson which is quite good as well...

What really stood out for me was the mention of a fantasy artist, Jon Hodgson who uses ArtRage as well as Painter & Photoshop... Apparently he authored a book "Fantasy Art For Beginners" which I may just have to pickup... My library is quickly expanding with all the digital painting books, 3D modeling, car, photography, history of hot rods, Photoshop, etc...

Book - Fantasy Art For Beginners
    http://www.amazon.ca/Fantasy-Art-Beg...6274294&sr=1-1

His website
    http://www.jonhodgson.com/

Based upon his art, I think I would enjoy his book very much...

Anyone here know of this bloke or have his book?

Cheers

Ken

Let me know how the book is

know of him as I found him while putting this page together
    (his DA is jonhodgson.deviantart.com )

I included his book here if people want a look, but I haven't seen it... doubt it's available in NZ >.<

edit: oh, i didn't noticed you'd linked to the book! Oh well
    edit again: well, you link to canada, mine links to amazon US - which has an actual (highly positive) review - so it wasn't wasted effort?
    Last edited by Flynn_the_Cat; 02-16-2010 at 08:46 PM.

wow he does amazing artwork. thanks for sharing his work. The book seems like a must have. Look forward to that too.

Smile

Hey! That would be me! Sorry to be so late to the party.

I have a thread here that I update sporadically. I don't think I'm yet able to post links, but it's there in the gallery forum. I posted to it today, so you might catch it on the first page or two!

Cheers!

( link to thread added by DaveRage ) http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=20724

That reminds me I since stalked you added and more here
    (videos and preview image stuff, for everyone else)
    http://www.squidoo.com/ArtRage-Tutor...module85912541

Hi Jon! You should be able to post links now, but if you still find you can't, let me know and I'll be happy to make sure that I fix any problems for you. I've added what I think is the thread you wanted to link to to your post. Fantastic paintings!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Ah thanks Dave! Yes I can indeed now post links! I was posting from my iPod late last night, so cutting and pasting was all a bit of a chore! Thanks for sorting that for me.

Flynn - thanks for all your hard work there! The book should be available in NZ - try mightyape.co.nz?

The book arrived from Amazon.ca last Friday.... I haven't had a chance to read the book, but I did have a chance to flip through the pages...

I'm really impressed with the content and know this is money well spent... The tutorials look fantastic...and very easy to follow...

When things settle a bit, I'll be reading this book cover to cover for sure...

Cheers

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by JonHodgson View Post

Flynn - thanks for all your hard work there! The book should be available in NZ - try mightyape.co.nz?
    Ah.... yes, it is, but it's shipped from the US anyway so Amazon's still the best bet.