ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Square brush size in 3.0.6

Square brush size in 3.0.6

Hi,

Since the update to 3.06 the square brush is not changing it's size any more (when I press harder with my wacom intuos pen) unlike the round variant. As soon as I select the "square head" option, the tool size preview changes (gets wider) visibly, and only the opacity is still pressure sensitive. See the attached example.
    Anyone else having this problem?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard-1.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	41768  

The square head responds to pressure less because we're simulating a different type of brush. The bristles are stiffer and the structure isn't intended to provide lots of horizontal splay. The round brush configuration has softer bristles that can project out at all angles so responds more to pressure. Because variance in pressure on the round head change its size more, the base size of the tool is different to that of the square head which is why you see a shift when moving between the two.

Hope that helps explain it!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I see, that sounds logical, thanks! I could have sworn it was different before though, but it might be the other programs I used (photoshop and painter).

It was different before. It was a bug fixed in 3.0.6.