ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AnAbstract

AnAbstract

I tried my hand and more like my head at an abstract painting..
    it was hard to let go of meaning while painting, so I did end up with something in between...
    what do you think..?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Abstract Rez.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	469.4 KB 
ID:	41704  
    The more hair I lose, the more head I get.

Great FLY! Powerful colour.

Thanks so much, scott, rose

Nice great use of colors.

Fantastic, and I love the colors.
    Valerie

Thanks Oriane & Valerie

Well I am not one to analyze or grade an abstract. What little I know about abstract painting I have learned since being a member here. To me, it looks like a success in the fact that all the aspects of composition, color, and in this particular case - movement all seem to be functioning in a really nice symbiotic (I like that word) way. I have tried my hand at a few and felt like I was performing open-heart surgery with no formal training! When I paint something representational I can grade it or compare it to an image I have seen or can comprehend seeing. For me - in abstract - there is no self check system of success (at least that I understand). I think in the end, if the image is pleasing in one way or another, it is a success.

I have an appreciation for abstracts now that I didn't before because of the amount of artistic talent it takes to create one that flows in color, value, and composition as much as any well painted and designed representational painting yet doesn't represent anything particular. They are in a way more challenging (for me) to create because of this. This one flows! Nice job Fly!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    — Eckhart Tolle

It works for me Fly- I like it! It reminds me of one of those magnetic roller toys that keep the hands and eyes occupied while having fun with it as well.

Shame on me for missing to answer my own thread

Thanks so much Sketch for taking so much pains to write out such a brilliant feedback.
    I have tried my hand at a few and felt like I was performing open-heart surgery with no formal training! When I paint something representational I can grade it or compare it to an image I have seen or can comprehend seeing. For me - in abstract - there is no self check system of success (at least that I understand).
    Absolutely on the dot!! I had such a hard time doing this... I felt as if I was floating without control...and how do I even figure out if it was done..??!!??

I have an appreciation for abstracts now that I didn't before because of the amount of artistic talent it takes to create one that flows in color, value, and composition as much as any well painted and designed representational painting yet doesn't represent anything particular.
    Again, this is so true, I came to realise only while doing this how difficult it is to let go of tangibles...It was as if I started looking at abstracts for the first time..

and..

Well I am not one to analyze or grade an abstract.
    I would disagree,
    For in my opinion I you did absolutely great at both!
    Your feedback actually very nicely helped me clarify my understanding.

So thanks again!

@ Alex, Thanks so much, glad you liked it I used to love that magnetic toy, in fact now that you reminded me I'll have to look for one and get it and play with it..!!!

Awesome colors!
    Browse my gift store.
    http://www.zazzle.com/evart_production

Would you like to learn more about how to
    start your own online store? Click the link below.
    http://www.zazzle.com/sell