ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Building up colour ??

Building up colour ??

hi, thanks for this great forum, i just love Artrage 3!!

I was wondering if there were any tutorials on how to build up colour inmany layers as you would with oils or other media.. i know you can take from the real world but digitally i find a little different ie using layers, how the colours will mix etc..

thanks for any ideas or help

Tony

create a layer with the colors of choice(like a palet)
    create a new layer and use alt+click to choose the colors from the palet layer.
    You need to have some settings changed to make the colors mix more lifelilke to suit your needs.

Hans
    Last edited by haakoo; 02-13-2010 at 10:17 AM.

There is a tutorial ,made by our friend Fashmir,on the glazing technique in ArtRage 2.5. I'm sure it will still work in verion 3.
    You'll find it here.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

hey.. thanks everyone.. some good stuff there... tried a little of the fashmir tut but there a few more settings in v3 pro.. will have to play a lot more.. hee hee.. there's a lot of hidden settings you can play with..

hakoo, ill give that a go..

I remember seeing some speedpainting on youtube and remember 1 really talended guy doing a protrait of a famous model, the way he built the colour up to produce the final painting is also what im after... how do you learn that stuff..

cheers.. happy painting..
    Last edited by maxd; 02-13-2010 at 10:54 AM.