ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indian Chief drum

Indian Chief drum

Hi all, hav'nt posted on here for some time but I have just got AR3 and did this. In the real world I paint drums that people commission me to do. I use AR a lot to design the paintings I do on the drums. If you want to see some of my drums I have done go to my web site. Hope you enjoy AR3 rules
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Indian Chief drum.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	115.2 KB 
ID:	41613  
    Last edited by kev2grey; 02-13-2010 at 06:39 AM.
    An artist is someone who can see the hidden beauty of the world.
    http://kev2grey.co.uk

Wow..looks so real. Very nice, very nice kev2grey.
    There are full of an artistic objects and environment surrounding us. So don’t worry to get any idea for painting.....Khalid
    My Gallery : Khalid_ipda
    My Tutorial : How to paint water? How to paint trees? How to paint waterfall?
    My 2nd email:
    khalid_ipda@yahoo.com.my

Quote Originally Posted by kev2grey View Post
    Hi all hav'nt posted on here for some time but I have just got AR3 and did this. In the real world I paint drums that people commission me to do. I use AR a lot to design the paintings I do on the drums. I you want to see some of my drums I have done go to my web sit. Hope you enjoy AR3 rules
    WOW! I'm just seeing so many amazing pieces! This is most definitely one of them! Beautiful, beautiful job on this.

I know people ask quite often, especially us newbies lol but would you mind telling what you used on this? Was it all oil? any stencils involved (although I highly doubt it lol) Sorry for the questions! I'm learning as I go along as to what types of tools folks use to create these amazing images.

Just beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by FireFytingNut View Post
    WOW! I'm just seeing so many amazing pieces! This is most definitely one of them! Beautiful, beautiful job on this.

I know people ask quite often, especially us newbies lol but would you mind telling what you used on this? Was it all oil? any stencils involved (although I highly doubt it lol) Sorry for the questions! I'm learning as I go along as to what types of tools folks use to create these amazing images.

Just beautiful!
    ::EDIT:: Oh yes, and the down portions of his head feathers? How did you create that soft, fuzzy look? It's not blurry either, which is so cool! It's amazing!

I think this is wonderful Kev, a beautiful painting
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

That is absolutely fantastic! Amazingly well done.

Smile

Hi FireFytingNut, there is no short answer to your questions but I will try and give you a rough idea of how I work. Firstly I have good grounding in traditional art methods and I try to transfer these skills when I use AR. I firstly do a sketch using the pencil tool I then block out the basic colours using the oil tool on a new layer which is under the sketch layer. I then start building up the detial using a combination of tools (airbrush, pencil, pastel and oil) I use the pastel tool to get a good textured feel to the piece. I do not use stencils but I do use the new sticker spray, which is how I did the downy bits on the feathers using the fine frosted fur brush. There is a lot more that I do but I hope this helps a bit. regards kev.

Thank you all for your kind comments

Really beautiful, Kev.....I just love native Indian artwork! What's even more amazing about this is that you paint them on drums! Very cool idea!

I did check out your web site and it's clearly obvious that you are very talented with drawing and painting. I really like your wildlife work...between the wolf and eagle...amazing!