ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Forum Turnover of Regulars

Forum Turnover of Regulars

I've had tendonitis for a few months due to keyboarding and thus, have not kept up with topics and posts. Also, doctor's orders to stay off the computer Ouch!

I ask this question with sensitivity and really innocently, there seems to be an "almost" entirely new crew of users on the forum; did something happen other than ArtRage 3 becoming an overnite hit ? I see some familiar names and others have vanished. It used to have a family environment and that sadly is missing too. This is my personal observation and I can be entirely wrong so forgive me if that is the case. And if there are some threads that can help me to understand, I would so appreciate being pointed there. Speaking in general terms rather than specifics may help. Thanks so much!!!

Hi JoGirl and welcome back! Most all of the users you remember are still here - it has just become a little busier since the release of AR3. There is an excellent thread that explains a lot of it and I think if you take the time to read through it, you will see there is still a great family of artists here. Just a bit larger!

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=26809

Edit: Thank you again Robert for creating such a heartfelt and important conversation for the forum! )
    Last edited by Sketchism71; 02-12-2010 at 10:14 AM.
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Yeah. Read that. What sketch says.

Doctor said no computer, huh? Wow. Carpal tunnel? Stress? Eye strain? Wants you to pay the doctor bill before the internet bill? What? Whaaaaat?

I'm presently looking into some voice recognition software options owing to my having to transcribe a lot of audio to text. And it supposedly will also allow me to dispense with typing on the internet as well, although I'm not sure I want to. But if it addresses your issue, it may be something to consider.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Yeah. Read that. What sketch says.

Doctor said no computer, huh? Wow. Carpal tunnel? Stress? Eye strain? .
    Tennis elbow is what they call it. It will heal, just takes time, exercises, ice and rest. I can use my dominant arm but don't want to overuse it.