ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: New Toy

New Toy

I picked this up on Ebay for just over a 100 quid. It's a Tatung Tablet PC running XP Tablet Edition. You can draw directly onto the screen.

It's a bit battered and crying out for some more RAM but seems to handle Studio Pro Demo fairly well. If it lasts the week without dying I'll treat myself to the XP version (I'm A Mac user) and some more memory.

Screen is 21 x 16 cm, got built in wireless LAN, RJ45, 2x usb etc, you can flip between portrait and landscape. Great as an Ebook Reader and for sketching while watching the TV.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That's awesome! Now you can ArtRage on the go.
    +I only see the good qualities in people. Not being faultless myself, I won't probe into the faults of others+

What a great idea...How does the painting experience feel compared to a Wacom Intuos or Bamboo?

How much is a 100 quid by the way?

Cheers

Ken

It's more like drawing on real paper, where your pen tip is, is where the mark is, there is a little lag with the paint brushes but it has a fairly slow processor and really needs more RAM which I'll sort out later this week.

The pencil tool is fine. Which is what it's going to be mostly used for.

A 100 quid is about 156 US Dollars.
    Last edited by fraser_paice; 02-11-2010 at 08:14 AM.

That's an interesting point -- enough memory. I would think that memory would have a direct impact if you're working for print sizes. I see the idea of painting with the stylus touching what you're painting as opposed to on the desk or in your lap -- the coolness of that takes my attention away from anything limiting -- like memory.

Well, I'm very happy for you and look forward to what it helps you to achieve.

I want it I want it I want it I want it. . .I SAID YA CAN'T HAVE IT . . .

I can't, but you can. After all it's your personal magic bus. Enjoy!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

That looks like fun I'm not personally familiar with these units. I'm curious as to what the processor speed is, if you know.

By the way, if you currently have the OS X version of ArtRage on your Mac, and want to install the Windows version on an additional system for your own use, you don't need to purchase a separate license. Just download the latest Windows version from the Member Area.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

How is this working out for you?

Hmmm interesting

I've given up trying to sketch outdoors cos it's so windy here on the coast. Could this be a solution... and could this be the justification I need for buying an i-pad? I would love to hear how you get on.