ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekly character designs

Weekly character designs

Hiya! Long story short, there's a group over at DeviantART that's doing character design challenges every week. Basically, the challenge for the first few weeks is to design characters based on random shapes that the group leader creates, and then choose one of the five characters and make a full-body portrait of 'em. Here's what I've come up with so far:

From this.

From this.

Really, really nice cartoon characters, Garfieldo! You have my vote for winning the challenge!

Makes me smile, garfieldo, really good play with the characters. I wish, i could do something like this.... very nice.

Really cool and distinct, especially memorable is the first one. Intriguing head shape.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

These characters are not only quite credible and professional (they may also be the most stunning and synthetic caricatures of real people), but have also a flavour reminding the greatest illustrators and cartoonists of some decades ago and their brilliant and talented styles ...
    Excellent and congratulations!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

These are fabulous garfieldo, well done, I know I would not be able to do this.
    Valerie

Thank you all so much for the kind words! Being a newbie to the art world, it means a lot to me!

These are really cool Garfieldo! What a great way to create new interesting and original characters. Nicely illustrated as well!!! There is an illustration group I belong to on Flickr called "Illustrapedia". They have monthly challenges on a specific theme. Pretty layed back but worth checking out if you enjoy that kind of thing.
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

LOL these are great!
    Browse my gift store.
    http://www.zazzle.com/evart_production

Would you like to learn more about how to
    start your own online store? Click the link below.
    http://www.zazzle.com/sell

these are very good..you have a nice style.