ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Full support for Photoshop brushes

Full support for Photoshop brushes

Hi!

I would love to have full support for Photoshop brushes in ArtRage, so i can directly load them in as brushes, masks and all that without having to go through a complicated workaround just to get some brushes from Photoshop into ArtRage.

/ Magnus

I think that might be hard to accomplish as the Photoshop software is proprietary and I doubt that they would be willing to give their code to a competitor of sorts.
    LogicsHere (Betty)
    http://bettylogic.50webs.com (Welcome to Betty's Place)
    http://logicmgmt.com/1876/splash.htm (1876 Victorian England Revisited)

No that's not true, i know other applications can load Photoshop brushes into them just fine, so the format should be open enough to allow developers to integrate it into their apps. One example is 3D-Coat which supports loading of Photoshop bruses into it for texturepainting on 3D models.
    Besides that there are also numerous viewers that support this too.

/ Magnus

Photoshop brushes are indeed a proprietary document type and quite hard to reverse engineer.

And that statement should imply that we have done some work on it.

The past tense of which should imply that there might be some information coming up with the 3.0.6 release...

How's that for an overcomplicated answer to the question?
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Wow.

Whatever you add, Rage Team: please keep ArtRage ArtRage. We already have Photoshop, and trying to be Photoshop has virtually destroyed Painter. We can't afford to lose ArtRage too.

Hehe Matt, that's a pretty sophisticated well written complicated answer but i have to say i like what i hear so keep up the good work!
    Why i wish for ArtRage to support PS brushes is not that i want ArtRage to turn into PS, that would be a nightmare. But it's simply because there are thousands of great looking PS brushes for free online and why not make use of that great resource by implementing support for them into ArtRage.

Thanks again, i'm looking forward to future updates of ArtRage.

/ Magnus