ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Background help

Background help

hello all,

this is my first post on the forum (i just purchased ArtRage3 on Saturday!), and it is already a question. i am trying to design a Tshirt and i am almost complete, but i need help.

i have a background, and a main image. they both have the same intensity as far as colors go. my question is, how do i subdue the background? so the colors arent as vibrant?

Thanks for the help!

Welcome to the forums! Is your background on a separate layer to your main image, or are they all on the one layer?

If you want to desaturate the contents of a layer a little, you can select the layer by clicking it in the layers panel, then go to Edit -> Adjust Layer Colors. Here you can adjust the brightness, contrast, color ( saturation ), and hue of the layers contents. This also works with selected areas.

If that doesn't help, or if you're looking for a different result, let us know.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thank you so much! that is exactly what i wanted.

Question Saturation sliders on Palette or Color Picker

Hi, I'm new so I hope this isn't covered somewhere else. I just purchased Studio Pro, and on a tutorial I watched there was a slider on each side of the palette (or color picker - in the lower right corner of the screen). One of the the sliders controlled the tint/shade of the chosen color (added or white or black). I think the other one controlled saturation. Is that an add-in that I need to download, or is there a way to customize the palett so it includes those.

Thank you. Hope you like my avatar that I just made with ArtRage.

Quote Originally Posted by fauxvangogh View Post
    on a tutorial I watched there was a slider on each side of the palette (or color picker - in the lower right corner of the screen). One of the the sliders controlled the tint/shade of the chosen color (added or white or black). I think the other one controlled saturation. Is that an add-in that I need to download, or is there a way to customize the palett so it includes those.

There are few different color picker styles to choose from, which can be accessed by Left Clicking on the solid color area on the bottom right of the Color Picker to open the Color Picker menu and then selecting them from the list there (as shown in the animated image below).

Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

I assume you are referring to the Tint Tone Picker, just go to
    Tools->Color Options->Tint Tone Picker.

Also to get it on-the-fly select Cntrl-Alt (Cmd-Alt on Mac) and click with mouse or pen and it will appear, you can release the key combination at this point but keep the mouse button down or pen to the tablet.
    Refer to this thread:
    http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=29561

~John

Dear Someonesane, Once again you have taught me a new lesson, didn't know there were so many choices for color picking, Thank You Very Much!!! xox