ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Castle

The Castle

Started today doodling with a reference image. Then added the castle sketch. Just to see how to setup colors. Painted in lo-res (1280x800). When colors are ok I'll resize then refine the details.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Umberto

Tried to define better the rocks and the castle. Using a black pencil to add some detail to rocks, and oil brush with a lot of thinner to layer some shadows.
    Umberto

Started adding some texture, but must rework rock shapes...
    Umberto

Hi Uderzo,
    Looking good!
    I like the texture on the rocks, and the horizontal veins, & the grass is gorgeous! Although the rocks on two sides of the road don't seem to be formed of the same kind of material, they seem like different geologies.?

Also since the last bit of pathway near the castle might not be seen since it is higher than the eye?
    The more hair I lose, the more head I get.

About the rock I agree with you, Flyashy. Initally, the difference was supposed to be in lighting due to sun position, but I defenitely don't like the left side of the valley and must rework it. Also, the darker contour is too much innatural to me and need to lighten it.

For the path, it's still at sketch level and plan to complete it. But first I want to deal with the nearer rocks... if I cannot manage to fix that left mountain, I cannot continue on farther details...
    Umberto

Ok, now I'm happier with left mountain. I'm so happy that I started detailing the castle with the pencil
    Umberto

I feel that I'm approaching the final result, but need to put something on foreground... any hints?
    Last edited by uuderzo; 02-11-2010 at 01:22 PM.
    Umberto

Thumbs up

Hello Uuderzo,
    really great texture. Can you tell me with what tool you overlay the rock texture? What was the original canvas size of your work?

How about a weary traveler hiking up the incline of the road or riding an horse...???
    Last edited by kenmo; 02-13-2010 at 09:23 AM.