ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Color space, Color settings?

Color space, Color settings?

Hiya, just playing around with the Demo. Really awsome!

one question though, I couldn't find an option to change the Color Space setting?

IE sRGB, or Adobe RGB, CMYK etc ?

If this is not possible(yet), can someone tell me whats the default color space that is used by this program?

PS: If you delete a Group that has layers in it, this will Crash the program!

ArtRage uses RGB for display and mixing, unless you activate Real Colour Blending in which case it uses a custom colour space for mixing, though the resulting pixel range still sits inside RGB space.

The crash you mention is probably due to text layers in groups, this is something we have fixed in our internal build and we should be releasing the update soon.

Hope that helps!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Yeah I guessed that it was RGB, i was just wondering if its the 'full gamut' RGB, not the reduced sRGB ?

PS: btw the fact that during crash, the program instead of simply closing down, it saves your work! I really love it!!

I'm unsure regarding that but will check with Andy here and let you know.

Regarding the crash, could you give me some steps to reproduce this? We have fixed what could be the same crash problem in our test build, but if you could give me the details on how to make the crash happen on your machine, I'll check it here.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Internally ArtRage uses full-gamut 32 bit RGBA in most cases. In some instances we use 16-bit-per-channel blending for improved colour purity, as well as proprietry colour-blending and paint mixing algorithms.
    When paintings are exported in PSD format we use the full 32bit range with no gamma correction.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"