ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Wasted My Time?

Wasted My Time?

Today I doodled and colored a collection of individual items for what I will call a collection. I saved each separately. Now I would like to resize and assemble them all onto one page. I'm not sure if ArtRage can help me in this. I have Inkscape and Gimp - don't know if they can help - but do know that they both are waaaay more involved than ArtRage and if possible would prefer not using them.

CAN ArtRage accomodate me? Can I paste, resize and arrange ten different designs on a page about 9" x 14"? Please tell me I haven't wasted my time. >crossing fingers<

AR is certainly capable of this, you just need to juggle some layers.

1. Create a new 9 x 14 painting.

2. Import each design as a layer (File>Import image file as layer)

3. Use the EDIT>Transform Layer Contents function to resize and position each layer.

Excellent!

Thank you for your reply. I will certainly give that a try later this afternoon.

Another question... I brought up one of the doodles I had made because I wanted to work on it a bit more. When I did this, the layers themselves would open, but were not available for rework. I could not undo anything that had been saved. Am I missing a click someplace or had I better be sure whatever I save is a "finished" product. This seems odd though, when I look at works in progress under other headings, the art shown surely takes days to complete.

Let me say that I have enjoyed looking at your work. Your self portraits (?) are wonderful. You are light years beyond me when it comes to illustration. (as most people are ) But that is OK.

Thanks again.

Beth

Quote Originally Posted by alkratzer View Post
    3. Use the EDIT>Transform Layer Contents function to resize and position each layer.
    Thanks a lot Alkratzer, this helps me a lot. I was importing the images as a tracing, and then converting tracing image to paint, which put it on the layer. Your way is much better. Tee, Hee, I didn't understand the "Transform" function so I left it alone.

Just goes to show how versatile AR is, when it can do the same thing many ways. Yay!
    TeresaW
    My Art blog can be found here and
    PaperTree's Images in the ArtRage Gallery can be found here.

@ Motherbear,
    When you import an image to an layer its just like it states,a completed image imported to a single layer.
    though re-sizable and rota-table,you cannot edit its contents.
    If you want the contents be editable,do the following;
    open AR3 copy all layers one by one(tedious but the only way)
    Open a new instance of AR3 and paste every object separately on the new canvas.
    You must do this for every separate AR3 file you wish to combine into one

Hans