ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Cockerel

Cockerel

Hi
    I am trying to get back in to 2D work with ArtRage after spending years working mainly in 3D,anyway this is supposed to be a cockerel.
    I am one of those people that like to smudge and blend which I do not find easy with ArtRage though I am sure it probably can be done.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Well done... it is a big readjustment isn't it.... I know.

It can be done......
    You may try experimenting more with the settings, I did and finally understood them. It too was a trial and error experience and now....nice...

It is obvious that you have the talent and skills of a professional, enjoy AR! We all do.

Silo, do you worked with TrueSpace? Nice to meet someone who used that app. I followed TrueSpace Since V2 and loved it until V6. V7 did not excited me very much...

Anyway, you're doing a nice work with your painting.
    Umberto

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyray View Post
    Well done... it is a big readjustment isn't it.... I know.

It can be done......
    You may try experimenting more with the settings, I did and finally understood them. It too was a trial and error experience and now....nice...

It is obvious that you have the talent and skills of a professional, enjoy AR! We all do.
    Thanks Bobbyray, you are right I do need to tweak some settings as all I have done is try out different media.

You are too kind ,many years ago I used coloured charcoal pencils mainly for convience as then my time was very limited.I drew quite a few portraits human and animal mainly for friends,so I must have retained some knowledge.

Above I mentioned coloured charcoal pencils that I used this kick started my memory and at my age its needs to be kick started you can believe me.
    The pencils were Schan Carb Othello although they are now Schan - Stabilo Carb Othello I believe, which were recommended to me by an artist acquaintance of mine.
    I used to subscribe to the Artists and Illustrators magazine and I used to go to their exhibtions at the Business and Design Centre in London ,there I met a professional artist who at the time was using the pencils his name is Colin Bradley.
    He is a quiet unassuming man who really knew how to get the best from those pencils,he now uses Faber-Castell Pitt Pastel Pencils according to his web site which is worth a visit maybe just for inspiration,I have to say this to be clear this is not intended as spam but to be helpful and informative,also I am not associated with Colin Bradley or his web site or products.
    http://www.bradleygallery.co.uk/
    Last edited by Silo_Artist; 02-07-2010 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uuderzo View Post
    Silo, do you worked with TrueSpace? Nice to meet someone who used that app. I followed TrueSpace Since V2 and loved it until V6. V7 did not excited me very much...

Anyway, you're doing a nice work with your painting.
    Hi uuderzo,
    I do not work much these days with Truespace as I use Silo for its speed and simplicity,I keep both Truespace and Gamespace installed on my computer and tend to use Gamespace for its file formats a lot of which TS7 does not have.
    There is a new forum set up by "Prodigy" for all users ,you might rember a few people there http://www.united3dartists.com/forum/

Thanks again for your kind comments on the cockerel attempt, my appologies to the forum for talking about unrelated apps please do not look upon it as spam as that was not the intention.