ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Message from ARTRAGEus Magazine

Message from ARTRAGEus Magazine

Hi all,

Well it is almost time for the ARTRAGEus E-Magazine to be published.
    (FEB 15th)
    We are all excited and can't wait to see it. I must appologize for any confusions but in order to get an E- magazine going from scratch wasn't easy for me.

The first magazine will be on www.Spotbit.com in a jpg format however the ability for us to use PDF has finally come so all of the Issues after this month will be in PDF format. We have found a free pdf writer program that is simple for anyone to use. OPENOFFICE.COM you can use any other pdf writer you have also.

I will make an announcement when the magazine is available (after publishing it) on spotbit.

A BIG thanks to all who have endured this unexplored adventure. In addition I have to report to the readers that the pages are all in a jpg and links will not function nor be able to be copied (cut and paste). (only in the Feb issue).

TO all those who are submitting Feb PAGES:

A new Problem has surfaced for those making pages for the magazine;
    Please Remember to spell check your written work.

1. When you make a page in AR.......save it as a ptg (AR file) but DO NOT
    "move layers down" so you or we can edit the page as needed during
    proofing.

2. Make sure that your page has room at the top/bottom as I need
    to add a header and page #.

3. Don't forget to add your real name to it; by xxxxxx and screenname.

4. All pages need to be emailed to me direct for editing/proofing at;
    bobbyray02@msn.com by Feb 7th, but if you are late, send it on.
    I won't be able to add anything after the 12th...for sure.

PS> Um, pls don't forget to add your screenname to any emails to me.

Thats it for now....and I must say that what pages I have recieved so far it is going to be a really nice E-magazine thanks to all who have endured the developmental process ( The AR GUYS TOO). Thanks to you we will indeed have an E-Magazine........isn't that ARTRAGEus?

Thank you all!

Bobby Ray Howle Editor ARTRAGEus E-Magazine

At the risk of being pedantic, did you mean OpenOffice.org (a .org domain, not .com)?
    WARNING: ArtRage can cause serious loss of time, and excessive smiling! Use with care! Frequently!

“All creativity is an extended form of a joke.” – Alan Kay

Hi Yachris,

Here is the website download page.....enjoy! AND Thanks much!
    http://download.openoffice.org/

Rose,

Ahhh you are so kind..and most welcome. This E-mag is all about the Ragers....and ARTRAGE... a new tool for us all to learn and develop our art abilities...to be better artists.

yes Space the final frontier......I have a hard time keeping out of it. hehe
    I have a new portfolio of space art and no time to get it cataloged yet, no worries though.....I'll have more time after the 1st mag is published.

Suggestion

I had a thought earlier this afternoon, while enjoying a coffee in the local deli (with my wifi viewiing this forum of course :-)..

Juz's .cols are so good - the mag could give away a .col each month. For me, a nice .col is as good to get as paper magazines that include something extra in a cellophane bag, attached to the front cover.

Then I thought about extending the idea. If the emagazine is often interviewing a featured artist, each month - create a .col palette which reflects that artist's typical palette. Some forum-gallery contributors can be recognised instantly from their habitual palette, as much as their subject matter.

Just sayin...
    Last edited by totalspace; 02-07-2010 at 06:51 AM.

Rose,,,,, : Well it was actually a theory more than a thought....thanks!

Totalspace,

Thanks and yes thats a great idea.....but.....I do not make the pages/stories etc.....the ragers do. SO, are you saying that you are going to do this for each months Issue thru Dec 2010 Issue?

YES, we are having a "Featured Artist/artwork on the cover and a story...each month.. I will be announcing a lot of new stuff soon for us to consider, after FEB 15th.

....so if you can not do this.....perhaps someone else will....???

Thanks for joining in on the ARTRAGEus future designs as we will all need some ideas for the magazine, each month... Some things (Topics) can be done monthly but that must be worked out between the Ragers interested in doing it and keeping it going. It will not work if we can not. It would take Teamwork.

Thanks again for sharing your ideas to make this magazine a great one! A true Rager for sure!

Bobby Ray Howle Editor ARTRAGEus E-Magazine!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyray View Post

SO, are you saying that you are going to do this for each months Issue thru Dec 2010 Issue?
    no. why the pushy, condescending attitude (?)

Sorry Totalspace, if you took it that way..... it really wasn't. I was thinking you really wanted to help out and perhaps volunteer on promoting at least the SUGGESTION but I guess I was wrong...It was just a question...geez. I was hoping that you were interested in it since it was your idea. Thanks anyway for the suggestion ..it really is a great idea and perhaps someone else will volunteer to do it if you propose it to them in another post... I have my hands full just putting this E-Magazine together in one week. cheers

Totalspace, your suggestion is a wonderful idea as a monthly feature!

I know that there are probably others that have great ideas, too and since we don't formally have a thread specifically for these suggestions, I will be more than happy to open a generic thread for them.

Bobbyray...would this be fine with you?

If so, I can add Totalspace's suggestion (cut & paste his suggestion above) or if you prefer to do yourself, Totalspace, that'll be fine, too! I'm flexible either way.

From this new thread, the suggestions can then be reviewed by other Ragers who may be interested in doing one of the suggestions for the e-mag (if the person making the suggestion is not interested in doing it). They can then post in this thread which one they are interested in and then run with it!

Like Bobbyray says, this e-mag is by Ragers for Ragers so all suggestions/ideas are welcomed and anyone interested in helping with these suggestions/ideas are too!

Bobbyray....just let me know what direction you'd like for me to take on this or if you would like to run with this after you get the Feb's issue out is fine with me. I'm here to help in every way I can and not let all the pieces fall onto you. You've been wonderful and such an inspiration to all of us. As the ARTRAGEus editor, we do appreciate all your time and effort you are putting into this e-mag for the Ragers!

Eileen,

Kind words will get you ARTRAGEus...hehe Thanks so much...

Yes feel free to roll with it.....I am kinda busy..I am sure you understand .....can you also let him know by pm as he may not read this thread again. So he is in the loop. What a great idea/suggestion he has!

OH, also.......can you PM Brandogrey, he needs some help with the Featured Artist interview questions... any problems? Let me know ASAP, please...

Ideas = suggestions = actions = ARTRAGEus Its just a theory. hehe

BRAY

Yes, I will run with this because I know that you are very busy and I don't want any interferences with you getting that e-mag out now!!!

I will also try to contact Brandogrey to see what I can do to help.

Off I go.....to the wild blue yonder....!!!!