ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: My take on a class assignment

My take on a class assignment

This is one of the first "paintings" that I have done with ArtRage and am eager to hear how all of you can help.

The assignment required us to paint the image the traditional way (ie. Underdrawing, underpainting, etc.) and helped to establish a familiarity with the program. Another requirement was a limitation to a complementary color palette.

Thanks in advance.

bnussbaum
    (see attached)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seascape_webready.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	441.5 KB 
ID:	41202  

You are a little greedy. You have puffins, seagulls, dolphins and seals all together!

Not that I don't like animals, but all of them together make for a rather cluttered picture. A better picture would have clearer foreground and background, to show not just the animals, but their ocean environment too. The way you did it, they all are in the foreground. They are all close up. There is no ocean, and the puffins look bigger than seals.

Try to rework it by deciding what your real focus is. Puffins? Move the dolphins and seals into far background, and make sure their sizes match in perspective. Dolphins? Take a view from the water shoreward, with puffin colony in the background. All animals interacting? Put them in a scene, rather than all "standing there".