ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Problem with stickers & pen rotation

Problem with stickers & pen rotation

When I associate the rotation to pen direction, the first stamped sticker is not following the direction of the pen, but it is showing the "normal pose" of the brush, without any rotation.

This is quite bothering when painting with stickers, since that first one will be printed with the wrong rotation.

Can you people reproduce it? In case you can't I'll record a video. I hope there is some way to fix it

The direction of the pen on mouse down depends on where you have been moving before the stroke begins. If you just click, or if you hold the stylus still before the first click or move very slowly as the stroke starts, there's no way for ArtRage to know direction of the stroke so the default is used.

When you want to use stroke direction, start the stroke before you touch the stylus to the tablet, so approach the start of the stroke while hovering and ArtRage will then know the direction you are moving in when you start the stroke.

If this doesn't help, please post a screenshot of your spray variation panel so we can see how you have the rotation configured, and let us know which sticker sheet you're using for the spray as well as the make and model of tablet so that we can take a look.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks a lot Dave! It works if I do it like you said -- it looks like the trick is to start the movement before touching the tablet with the stylus. It requires some practice to get used to it, but it is worth it