ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! Artrage show window "Please Wait" at every action ...

Help! Artrage show window "Please Wait" at every action ...

Hello.
    I want to know how to fix a problem with both my versions of Artrage (the 2.5 and 3).
    Since yesterday, when I draw any line in any manner whatsoever, I see the window 'Please wait'.
    This advertisement has blocked the program for a few seconds, making it very difficult in practice its use.
    Previously all was well.
    I tried to reset all settings but the problem continues.
    Is there anyone who can help me?
    Thank

Could you let us know:

What operating system are you using?
    Does this happen with any tool you select?
    Can you describe the 'please wait' window? Does it say anything else and does it look the same or different when using ArtRage 2 and ArtRage 3?
    What is the size of the current tool you're using? ( check at the bottom left )

It sounds likely that something external to ArtRage is causing this new problem as the two versions are installed in two separate places. Does it make any difference if you start up your computer and close down all background programs, then launch a version of ArtRage and try to paint?

Also, can you let us know anything that has changed on your computer since yesterday e.g. driver updates, newly installed software.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Problem solved

I am using Windows XP.
    Yes, this happens with any tool I select.
    The window "please wait" is the one that contains a small progress bar that fills up to maximum and then disappears.
    It happens with any width I try to use the instruments.
    I discovered that the problem is caused by the translation program Lingoes.
    It interferes with ArtRage when, in Lingoes, is set the automatic translation of selected text.
    The problem is solved.
    Many thanks for your help!
    I greet you cordially.

Same problem - 'Please Wait' message every minute or so in version 3 trial

I'm also seeing a 'Please Wait' message every minute or so, for the first time ever.

I've never had this appear whilst using v2.5, but installed the trial of v3 a couple of days back and can't use it without this message appearing. I don't like to over-dramatize, but it makes v3 pretty much unusable, and I won't commit to upgrading unless there's either something I can do to fix it, or the problem with the program is bug-fixed.

Please help ArtRage......thx.

I have noticed this as well at times.

Acer Aspire 5738G laptop
    Intel Centrino (Core 2 Duo)
    T6600 2.2Ghz
    4 Gig DDR3 ram
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 (512MB)Dedicated card
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
    Last edited by Silo_Artist; 02-07-2010 at 10:28 AM.

For Silo_Artist and KeithC, could you let me know if you also have the application 'Lingoes' described by the previous user installed?
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    For Silo_Artist and KeithC, could you let me know if you also have the application 'Lingoes' described by the previous user installed?
    I do not have 'Lingoes' or anything similar, I think whats happening is that a certain tool or function is processor hogging cant be sure what I did to cause it but I will make a point of watching for it in future.

I don't have 'Lingoes' installed.

I've been playing around with v3 this morning, and the message hasn't appeared. That would indicate it is something on my laptop that is causing the problem with ArtRage, and whatever it is isn't running at the moment.

The only issue that v3 is showing currently is with the water colour brush on the higher settings, there's a noticeable lag - sometimes a good few seconds - as it catches up with the drawn path. The rest of the program is working at the same speed as v2.5 (i.e. in real time), and the 'Please Wait' message just hasn't appeared.

I'll wait for the message to reappear, if it does, then check out what else could be interfering with ArtRage at that time, and will update you further then.

Problem is solved...

The lower of my tablet pen buttons is set to copy and I think I was touching this whilst working, which then of course kicked off ArtRage copying the current work and displaying the 'Please Wait' message.

Thx for your attention on this Matt... apologies for the false flag.

Glad to hear it's solved, thanks for the update!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.