Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turquoise Emersion

What a beautiful and fanciful painting, Alexandra! I love the turquoise and find the title very fitting! I also love how you did the center of the flower since it really adds that extra punch! This even has a sense of 3D for me.

Wow ..that's looks good.

I join previous speakers
    choosing the words, we lose thoughts
    facebook, B, tumblr

This is wonderful Sandy, love the vibrant colours. Great
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Really in the land of design now. Very compelling image. Are you actually doing pattern design ideas over the last few paintings? Because they're quite interesting flavors that you're creating with both color and shape, and edges and so on.

This is a lot more in your face grabby than the other softer ones that lay back in the traditional somewhat.

I think it's an art in itself to pair design with a theme, whether youthful, flowery, punchy, goth, kicki etc. Like laying a punchy graphic print over a teenage girl with blue hair would work etc.

Nothing to do with your image per say, but I've gone through changes because of art. In the past I might have at first glance rejected certain patterns and decorations when I mentally place it in a context that I operate in. But when the same work is combined in the right circumstance it turns out to be perfect, and often a better solution. A big stretch for me going through different magazines and seeing just how they're meant to be seen. And voila.

So I tend to look at visuals in that light. And that's why it's so much fun looking at all the paintings that come through these forums. It keeps me wide open. And new ideas just pour in.

I like this work to begin with, but it also alludes to something new for me. Thanks!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Evelyn: I really wanted to shock the viewer. I guess I was being a bit naughty that morning huh?

Bob: My sisters and brother were born in the early fifties. I grew up with their albums and the best music in history. I came nine months after a camping trip in the Rockies in the early sixties. So I was the baby of the family that tagged along with the others listening to every thing they played and talked about. I appreciate your comment sweet friend!

Eileen, Thank you so much! That is what I intended, sometimes I get carried away. I am so happy that you liked it.

Totalspace, Thank you so much, I appreciate that!

Michael, Thank you so much! I thought about the fairies that you saw in my last one with the forsythias, and next time I will put one in for you.

Katie, Thank you so much for your kind comment, I am always happy to see your smiling face and kind words!

D-Akey, Thank you sir! To me painting is like playing baseball. Sometimes to play a good game, you need to throw a curve ball.