ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: I Wanna Be a Famous Artist and Make Lots of Money

I Wanna Be a Famous Artist and Make Lots of Money

Not me personally, but I stumbled across this amusing blog written by an 'art business professional'.

Oh and in my own personal experience 'Art school doesn't teach you how to sell art', in-fact art school didnt teach me how to draw! or to become a talented artist or how to sell myself, I did that all on my own

Here http://www.artbusiness.com/wannafame.html
    You can view all my other artwork here http://spookyjules.blogspot.co.uk/

Jules I never even made it to Art School (probably shows). As for being rich and famous, I think doing the lottery is my best bet and I'll settle for being infamous thanks.

Just wondering how many people here actually earn a living from their art?

I still live day to day as a starving artist. My cousin's husband on the other hand has made a living for many years with his art. Be it teaching or showing work, he makes a decent living.

Check out his website:
    http://www.skvarch.com

I always wanted to be...

either the next Jack Kirby (artist/creator of Fantastic Four & many Marvel Comics), the best hockey player in Canada or a photographer for Penthouse...

Cheers

Ken

Fantastic link Jules! My sister went to art school, she's a dental hygienist now. My uncle is a self taught carpenter with a high school education and has two pieces of art in the Denver Art Museum. Funny how things work! My wife doesn't paint or draw but she has a business degree, she probably has a better chance of a successful art career than I do because she understands business. It takes more than passion and talent to make a dollar but it doesn't take a dollar to be passionate and talented!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

A very good, if sobering, article.

Great article Jules. That should get a sticky. Sure would answer the question of should I quit my job or school and become an artist when it periodically comes up.