ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Hole

The Hole

This started as a widescreen desert landscape, then changed to a post-nuclear war wasteland, then after some more re-starting from scratch it finally turned to be a toxic mecha/creature emerging from an hole in the ground and attacking a lonely outpost -- basically a cheap Sparth rip-off -- it was an interesting exercise for getting more familiar with ArtRage nonetheless
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the-hole-final.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	167.1 KB 
ID:	41144  

Gorgeous work Andrea. Love that it evolved from changing ideas as you worked. Spectacular result.

The deformations of the pattern on the path look great ... did you end up opting for painter on those or go with AR ??
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Wow, nice job
    Browse my gift store.
    http://www.zazzle.com/evart_production

Would you like to learn more about how to
    start your own online store? Click the link below.
    http://www.zazzle.com/sell

Simply beautiful! I am fascinated by your work Andrea! I would love to watch you create on of these. They (you) are amazing!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Great painting and that sky/background is wonderful

This is so Totally Cool!!! Amazing!!!
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

@Juz : thanks mate! Well when I paint without needing to show a precise concept I often end up re-starting the same piece all over again till it looks at least a bit interesting :P The painting is (obviously :P) 100% ArtRage (I only used Photoshop for rezising and sharpening after resizing). The pattern-made stuff getting out from the creature is made in ArtRage with that brush I showed in the other thread (you can say it cos pieces are detached and not melted together along the path).

@justjean , @Evart , @L Skylar Brown :

@Sketchism71 : I tried recording myself while painting -- ages ago -- while using an on-line painting software. I am planning to record a little video of some ArtRage painting and put it together with the pdf I talked about in another thread :P (that's if you all promise you won't laugh at my english ahah)

Don't know Sparth. Will have to look him up.

Be that as it may, this ROCKS!!!!!

Outstanding image. Combines old and new styles and a few in between. I really love the shapes.

Can't praise this one enough because it really appeals to the sci-fi fan and the illustrator in me. This is one of those 'wish I had painted that' pieces.

Well done.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Beh, se non hai familiarità con Artrage e fai quello che ho visto fiono a questo, caro Andrea, io devo esserne proprio estraneo! Incredibile!

Well, if You're not familiar with Artrage and You do what I saw this far up to this, dear Andrea, I must be a complete stranger to it then! Incredible!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

@D Akey : please don't look for Sparth's works, or you'll understand my ones are crappy ones

@Caesar : you're too kind mate! It's great that ArtRage has such an active and kind community, it also helps learning the software