ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: grid stencil for stickers

grid stencil for stickers

Hey,
    When I tried to make some stencils recently I found that it was very cumbersome to arrange rulers for guides. So I made a stencil as an easier alternate.
    It's just a simple png file with a 5wX4h grid generated with the grid filter, of 1500 px X 1200 px dimension @ 300 dpi.
    If you're planning to make a sticker sheet just import it as a stencil and resize it to your image dimension using the transform tool. and viola you have a ready 20 sticker grid to put your stickers in. Just ensure that you put the image in the center of the square, more or less
    Note: Since it's mostly empty moving the grid around is a bit difficult, the best way is to reverse the stencil and once in place invert it again.
    You can also use it as a trace image. That's even easier because you can resize the canvas to trace image dimensions.

Hope it's of some use to someone
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sticker grid 5x4.png 
Views:	3123 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	41117  
    The more hair I lose, the more head I get.

LOL... can't say i blame you.

I use illustrator for grid alignment but wrote the tutorial in a way that people who only had AR would be able to make their own without having to spend all their time measuring.
    You have just made that task easier for people so 'tip of the hat' ser

I believe Artrage contains a few more grids in the stencils panel made by Silentman.
    Last edited by Juz; 02-04-2010 at 05:22 PM.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Haha yes Juz,
    'twas a mighty pain arranging & rearranging the rulers esp since they add at different thicknesses at different zoom levels..& there's no option to duplicate and move them precisely. I don't have illustrator, although I was tempted to use inkscape for the grid but I'm not familiar with that too. I remembered coreldraw had a 'table' option & then remembered the grid plug-in..worked like a charm

Thanks for the heads up on the grid stencils, I don't really use them too much & end up not exploring the stencil panel as such..lol..

I just hope lot's of people use this and make lots and lots of stickers.. haha!
    The more hair I lose, the more head I get.