ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dream view in watercolours

Dream view in watercolours

I resumed a sketch and quickly finished it.
    Imaginary, one layer divertissement. Just to relax ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Watercolour dreamview.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	41043  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Caesar, this is looking like a mosaic of sorts. where focus is relevant only to the distant.

I especially love the colors. You imply the vast and dazzling vista from the hilltop villa by showing so many parts of separate note. I think I could spend a long time up there surveying the land.

Very idyllic.

Good one! May you find many more like it.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

It remembers me Perugia, is also on a top hill,
    very...Italian landscape and beautiful colors.
    "All are about quiet and light." Dany
    Daily Studio Notes , Daniela Ionesco-Fine Art

I accept critics only from friends,
    how about You ?

Looks a beautiful place to be Cesare, love the colours
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Dear D Akey, You noticed well the inverse focus trick.
    It is in part due to the fact that I started painting and concentrating on the far field elements (that was the original sketch I left for more than a month before resuming it). I then completed the sketchy mid part and, finally, the theatre wings of the close sloping hills, as if the scene occured in a backstage. I left them purposedly out of focus in mosaic of different colours and tones like the tessere of a mosaic, also because the sight path was intended to move from the oblique clouds to the horizontal town and then down the hill with two diagonals taking us to the far cerulean hilly horizon.
    Thank You for the kind and encouraging word on this mostly spontaneous painting outburst.

I wasn't thinking to any town or village in particular, but it's certainly a very Italian landscape, since such views are quite common in many regions, thus a considerable part of country, Dany. Thank you very much for appreciating it!

I guess so, with such a particularly cold winter all over Europe, dear Katie! Thank You!

Caesar, this looks a mix of oils for the sky and watercolors for the terrain. I find it pleasant to watch at. Good job!
    Umberto

Wow..beautiful, beautiful..looks beautiful place, but I love you beautiful landscape painting.
    There are full of an artistic objects and environment surrounding us. So dont worry to get any idea for painting.....Khalid
    My Gallery : Khalid_ipda
    My Tutorial : How to paint water? How to paint trees? How to paint waterfall?
    My 2nd email:
    khalid_ipda@yahoo.com.my

Caesar this is so beautiful and I really feel like I would want to be there., you are so great at what you do.
    Valerie

Caro Uuderzo, stato un piacevole relax riprendere un vecchio schizzo incompleto (forse il cielo era effettivamente olio o semplicemente acquerello con metallico accidentale) e completarlo. Grazie!
    Dear Uuderzo, it was a pleasant relax to resume an old uncomplete sketch (maybe the sky actually was oil or simply watercolour with accidental metallic) and to complete it. Thank You!

The appreciation of a landscape master like You, dear Kahlid, makes me really proud of it! Thank You!

I'm glad You may enjoy the place where I take You, dear Valerie! Thank you very much for Your warm and encouraging words!

Dearest Sandra, iterative trips from reality to dreams and back may be helpful, delightful and useful to feel more alive and get additional motivations. Actually this came as a quick break from a more engaging fruit salad watercolour I'm cooking up in the WIP section!