Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Be Stickah!!

Hey Thank you Rowena.
    Wow, if these bees inspired you to look kindly upon stickers, I am glad!

I usually don't dig stickers too much, nor stencils for that matter, but they can be useful sometimes I suppose..
    I think one of the reasons why I didn't dig most of the stickers too much probably was they feel too plastic, clipartish.. non-artrage! (no offense to all those people involved in making them) but of course some of them do comeout quite nice after playing with the matrix..

I thought AR stickers ought to be more AR like and hence the sketchy bees ( also because I can't really do the other type, lol)

I'm also halfway making watercolor goldfish stickers, will upload them when I manage to finish
    The more hair I lose, the more head I get.

Looking forward to seeing your goldfish Flyashy

And now I must correct my previous crap comment - because these stickers are anything but crap - they are a real piece of genius that I missed completely!...my bad.

I generally don't have much use for baubles and beads in my paintings and at
    first glance I thought these stickers were no more than pre-made objects to stick onto pictures - like in scrapbooking.
    But now after a bit of experimentation I see they have much more potential than this... so my sincere apologies - my bad!!!
    Last edited by Rowena; 02-17-2010 at 02:57 AM.

that's a very cool sticker Flyashy.

@Rowena,
    glad you're feeling better about the AR stickers... hope to see some from you
    my goldfish are still in half done state.. will have to do them someday soon ...
    @GZ, thanks so much for checking it out

Hey FLY this is great stuff,it reminds me of "Ninja Scroll" they would of loved your stickers back then instead of hand drawing every single bee! Very sorry if anyone hasn't seen "Ninja Scroll"(the movie) Great Anime before cgi.

Hey Scott, I haven't seen Ninja Scroll( must check it out!), but yes I love the idea of using the 'computer' for doing all the painful tasks. Of course getting the computer to do it the way you want is in itself a 'painful' task...cest la vie!!

Thanks so much, Flyashy, for the sketched bee sticker.

That's what I want to use stickers for, paint it myself to use it as a sticker and then be able spray a whole lake of them. (Last night I painted 3 variations of a rainbow trout, though not satisfied with
    them yet.)
    Or a field of them. Or a whole tree of them.

And the bees will come in handy for pollinating the flowers.
    Hin

Hin's Paintings: http://hinketea.imagekind.com

Lol, thanks Hinket,
    It'd be great to see your fieldful of bees
    and I'd also love to see those rainbow trouts