ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not Quite Ready For Prime Time

Not Quite Ready For Prime Time

Of late I've been spending several hours a day mucking about with AR, trying things out, muttering over them, then banishing them to electronic oblivion. The thought occurred to me that I might be better served by posting some of these less-than-stellar efforts along with a brief description of what I was trying to do.

This was an exercise in abstract composition employing the rule of thirds. It didn't quite work.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Docsmith626, I like your idea, and the action is difficult, but you did it, I strongly support your work.

Interesting design Docsmith and I feel it was very well executed. Works like this are valuable to the artist whether you consider them a success or not. In fact, I believe I learn more from the unsuccessful ones (and there are many of them) than I do the so called successful ones. Great idea to post these instead of deleting them. You may get some feedback from others that can benefit you. Nicely done!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Thanks, Sketch. Composition is presently one of my bugaboos. I know the rules, at least the short form, but getting them to work in practice is a bit more complicated. And when you toss in things like asymmetric balance . . . Whooo!

This is an excellent abstract painting. Rich, colourful, harmonic, vibrant of energy!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

This looks great Doc, the colors are so bright and clear.
    Browse my gift store.
    http://www.zazzle.com/evart_production

Would you like to learn more about how to
    start your own online store? Click the link below.
    http://www.zazzle.com/sell

Less than stellar? Yeah if you mean 'smaller than'. . . How about 'molecular', old son.

Like the stained glass in Notre Dame cathedral in Paris suddenly vaporized only to hang about in air trying to remember their original configuration.

Pretty remarkable.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Been putzing around with composition again. This time I started with a textbook geometric composition, then fractured it with the transform and select tools allowing some of the layer below show through. There may be some possibilities here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ripples in the Veil.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	337.0 KB 
ID:	41336  

Looks ready for prime time to me.. So this is where I got my ability to putz around?

Love it Dad..

Very creative and I like all the colors, and I may have to try this.
    Valerie