ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: fill tool leaving a thin white line

fill tool leaving a thin white line

When I create a drawing with the ink pen and use the fill tool it leaves a thin white line. I notice this especially when I've chosen black for both the pen and fill. I don't want this line to show and would like one solid color up against another.

I'm using 100% spread, 100% opacity, blend mode normal, edge and single layer is checked. Any suggestions to not have this happen? I've attached an example of how this is showing up in my work.

One temporary fix was to draw over the white lines with the ink pen but this is not only time consuming, the black usually doesn't exactly match the fill black, even though I've used the color sampler tool.

Is there any way to fully fill an area and not have a line?

Thanks for your help.

Beth
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	visions.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	290.0 KB 
ID:	41012  

Hi there,

100% spread is good. Antialias edge will smooth the edge of the fill so instead of an abrupt edge, there will be pixels which are a mix of the fill colour and the background colour to produce a smoother looking edge. However this is not desirable for what you're doing, so I would recommend unchecking 'antialias edge' and trying again. If you find that doesn't help, let me know and I can take a further look at it with you.

I hope that helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Yes!

Thanks Dave.

Great solution. I'm using uncheck Antialias edge for black fill next to black line and it's perfect. The white line is gone. I am keeping the Antialias edge checked for color fill next to a black line where it doesn't show a line as much.

Thanks again.

Beth