ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still Life - An initial speedy WC (2nd update)

Still Life - An initial speedy WC (2nd update)

Used loosely a set of pictures to grasp the various fruit indicative shapes and forms. The composition is imaginary and the lighting and shadows to be developped mentally.
    One layer this far (possibly a separate one for the background later on).

I added a second step (including initial background. No more speedy to get a more detailed and homogeneous finishing.

Another quick third step with the wine glass. Perhaps the wrong way to proceed (no planning since the start ...).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Natura mortaWIP.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	130.6 KB 
ID:	40975   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Natura morta3.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	126.4 KB 
ID:	41052   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Natura morta4.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	125.6 KB 
ID:	41151  
    Last edited by Caesar; 02-04-2010 at 11:33 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

The start is well promising. I'll check out later to see new iterations!
    Umberto

Maybe next time I'll resume it, if I can keep this speed and have twice the time (say 1 hour and half), I may finish it directly without an intermediate iteration.
    I already fixed almost all the base colours for completing the remaining elements.

It's always better to color everything at once, instead of going object after object.

At the very least, you need to establish the background / environment before you do the foreground. It is virtually impossible to make a painting work if you begin with the foreground.

Great beginnings, I'll be back to see it develope

Dear Arenhaus, You're absolutely right and I appreciate getting advices by an excellent professional illustrator as You. Thank You very much!
    It's a greater challenge to proceed this way (unfortunately I'm not a planner when I start sketching), but I hope that I've some idea on the neutral upper background greish hue and possible gradient as well as about the tablecloth.
    Working on a different lower layer I shouldn't have to much difficulty to test also variants in case.
    Moreover I could probably add some appropriate glaze on another upper layer to harmonize in case. We'll see if I'll eventually succeed ...

Thank You, dear Justjean! I hope though I'll be able to end it directly on the next step ... It started as some fruits sketch/ study in watercolour and then, since it came already realistic enough with the first pass ...

I added step number 2.
    I hope I'm getting a honest result up to now, dear Arenhaus, while I tried to provide also a hint of a background and tablecloth possibly harmonising the whole and keep the colours lively.

Caesar, this is going to be a spectacular work when its finished. The colors are wonderful.

Thank Yoy, dear Bobbi! Your compliments humble me!

Oh, my, Ceasar, this is going to be.... "dear painting"...