ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: first ever digitial

first ever digitial

well this is the first ever digitial pic i have done nothing fancy just messin around learning artrage prog. which i like very well. the pic is just a make over for a tattoo design i did. whats everyone think i know it is very basic but i like it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tribal heart tattoo.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	186.1 KB 
ID:	40955  

I'm going to guess you drew this with a pencil then colored it in. Nicely done. There is some roughness along the edge that will work out with practice. Do you have a tablet or are you working with a mouse?

Keep at it. Looking good
    Carl

yeah i have a wacom bamboo which i am also learning to use. the pic was a pencil sketch and then traced it in artrage. i just wanted to something basic to get the feel of how everything works. i also want to hold as true as i can to real media as far as sketching and painting. the big problem i have to work around is the fact that i am colorblind and i love digitial because i can see everyhting working together and easly change those huge color mistakes i am always going to make. i am reworking a drawing i did for my daughter it is a lot more involved and i post inprogress pics as i go

For the design to get nice symmetric, with very few effort,is to draw the black shape half, duplicate the layer,and while transforming it pressing h or v, to mirror it, then enter,and you have perfect symmetry !

but this is great as it is !
    Just said this for future help.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

thanks i appreciate the help i am still learning artrage and any help or tricks are very much appreciated

Very cool Jim! I love the metallic added in.

I also appreciate Hanzz suggestion on symmetry. That's one of my biggest struggles. I can't seem to create it worth a darn! lol

Good luck, Jim, with using Art Rage. I am learning as well and so far, it's been fantastic!