ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Right Click on Motion Computing M1400 is messed up!

Gallery
    View images

Right Click on Motion Computing M1400 is messed up!

I'm trying to do a RMB-drag on my brand new tablet PC in order to pan the image, but the darn thing is drawing, rather than dragging the view.

When I release the stylus, THEN it does a RMB click that winds up toggling the gui display...

Gallery
    View images
    Hi LeMec.
    There is some issue with mouse-down over-riding the right-click on tablet styluses in ArtRage.
    Try this: approach the tablet with your stylus, but dont quite touch it. The pointer onscreen should still move relative to the location of your stylus. Now right-click, still without touching your stylus to the canvas, and drag. You should be able to do right-click dragging that way.

As a helper, I tend to move my middle-finger down to the tip of the stylus, so I can rest my finger on the tablet, and the stylus against my finger (without pressing the tip of the stylus) to keep the stylus the right distance from the tablet while dragging.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for getting back to me, I suddenly realized that there was some important information that I left out. I downloaded and installed the WACOM Tablet PC driver because it allows me to configure some additional options and make full use of dual rocker-switch styluses.

I was experiencing the glitch even before I installed the driver, but I also made the discovery what the right mouse button functions just fine if I start my drag when the cursor is sitting over top of one of the palette windows.

I have also made use of some third party software such as autohotkey to allow me to switch and easily between the Brush and panning tool (making use of that extra rocker-switch).

Gallery
    View images
    can I ask which tabletPC you just got, Le-mec, and how it is performing for you in Artrage and other graphic programs....
    Lead Concept Artist - NDS Denmark
    Illustrator
    www.petervillumsen.com

Gallery
    View images
    PVIllustration >> I just got a Motion Computing M1400 with a ViewAnywhere display. It's a true slate PC with no keyboard (although I plugged in a little USB one to type this message.) The Voice recognition is pretty helpful in these situations and it's surprisingly accurate.

It's really amazing, being able to take this thing that weighs about as much as my sketchbook that has roughly the same dimensions as well. The screen is fantastic -- I've got some pretty strongly light blasting on it right now yet it's still crystal clear with no perceptible glare. I've been spending the better part of the day setting this up and putting on all my applications but I'm just about done and thanks to the wireless Internet setup I have here at home I can type this in the comfort of my bedroom.

I'm currently running ArtRage 2.2 and TVPaint Animation (A bitmap based animation program). I've noticed that brush-tracking is just a little bit slower on the slate than it is on my Cintiq 18SX, but that's probably due to the differences between the mobile processor and the desktop processor. however I can't lug my Cintiq into the bathroom and browse the web and doodle and pinch a loaf like I can with this slate. Ah, the joys of being a total nerd.

I've also found that the Cintiq 18SX styluses are compatible with this TabletPC! The tiny stylus that this slate came with has only a single sideswitch and no eraser. After downloading the WACOM driver, I can now make full use of this dual rocker-switch stylus.

I've managed to use AutoHotkey to write a simple gesture-activated utility that lets me trigger zoom and panning with the additional rocker-switch.

Out of curiosity, I plugged in a USB mouse and found that the right click functions were still broken. It doesn't behave this way on my desktop PC.

Gallery
    View images
    Hey guys,

Here's the tool switcher I cooked up. To install it,

You'll need the WACOM tabletPC driver, a Cintiq 18SX, Cintiq 15SX or old-fashioned serial UD-series stylus with a dual rockerswitch and an eraser. The 21UX and intuous and Graphire styluses aren't compatible with tabletPCs.

http://www.wacom.com/tabletpc/driver.cfm

Map the 'back' rockerswitch to the Middle Mouse Button

Get the toolswitcher from my site:

http://www.moat-dd.com/public_downloads/M1400.zip

Then extract both files into the same directory somewhere on your hard drive and run the EXE (which will then add itself to the taskbar. When it detects that ArtRage is in the foreground, pressing and holding the Middle Mouse Button will call up a little floating HUD.

Drag the stylus into the centre of the HUD ring and release it to activate the colour-sampling tool.

Drag it into the middle ring and release it to activate the zoom tool

Drag it to the edge of the HUD and release it to activate the panning tool.

To switch back to the oilbrush, just tap the middle mouse button and release it without dragging.

To close this little application, right-click the green icon in the taskbar and select Exit.