ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Call To All Artists Under 18?

Call To All Artists Under 18?

HI all you under 18 Ragers,

I am wondering, how many of the artists here are under the age of 18? The ARTRAGEus E-Magazine would like to do a story on their use and progress with ARTRAGE.

Questions:

Your age:
    How long have you used AR?
    Which Version of AR do you use?
    Are you utilizing the tutorials to learn?
    What is your favorite style and medium, ie; watercolors, oils, etc.?
    Do your parents support your art desires?
    Do you have your own dedicated computer?
    What do you want to use ARTRAGE for, ie; fun, learning, etc?
    What are your goals as a beginning artist?
    Do you feel that ARTRAGE has helped you to improve your art?
    Do you use a pen drawing tablet?
    Do you use a mouse?
    Have you printed any of your artworks?
    Are you taking ART lessons or classes in school?
    What do you enjoy the most using ARTRAGE?
    Do you feel that ARTRAGE has helped you any to improve?
    What do your friends think of your art with ARTRAGE?
    Do you want to be a professional digital Artist?
    Do you get the support from members in the forums you need?
    Is it hard to learn how to use ARTRAGE for you?

You can add any comments you wish to this that you want to say to the forum members. Add your screenname if you want to or do not if you do not want to. (If you do, we will use it).

Well, thats it. Easy, hu! If you can answer these questions for us we would very much appreciate it and don't worry, we won't use your name. Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions. It is important that you progress with ARTRAGE, to us and the members of the forum as well. These questions and answers will enable us to see how we are doing as a community of Artists. You are the future Rager Artists and we do appreciate you being here with us to learn and develop your skills as an artist.

Thank you all for your time and replys and Happy Painting!

Bobby Ray Howle Editor ARTRAGEus E-Magazine

I feel I'm about to be a minority here.

Your age: 16
    How long have you used AR? I have played with it very infrequently for about 2 years, but have only used it seriously for a few weeks.
    Which Version of AR do you use? Both 2.5 and 3, both full edition/Pro
    Are you utilizing the tutorials to learn? At times, I find learning from experience more helpful but tutorial-makers often have very good tips too.
    What is your favorite style and medium, ie; watercolors, oils, etc.? Oils and airbrush
    Do your parents support your art desires? Yes
    Do you have your own dedicated computer? Yes
    What do you want to use ARTRAGE for, ie; fun, learning, etc? Fun and a bit of self-exploration
    What are your goals as a beginning artist? To become more comfortable and confident in digital art while having fun
    Do you feel that ARTRAGE has helped you to improve your art? Yes, it's helpful to have so many tools at your fingertips that you can experiment and learn with, I don't often have access to so many medias.
    Do you use a pen drawing tablet? Yes
    Do you use a mouse? Rarely for drawing, I prefer my tablet pen
    Have you printed any of your artworks? Not yet
    Are you taking ART lessons or classes in school? Yes, in traditional media
    What do you enjoy the most using ARTRAGE? I love all of the different effects each tool allows, there is a ton of customization available.
    Do you feel that ARTRAGE has helped you any to improve? Definitely, it's a good transition between traditional art and digital and has helped me learn to work colors in digital media.
    What do your friends think of your art with ARTRAGE? They're very interested.
    Do you want to be a professional digital Artist? Yes and no. I wish to become an illustrator in general, so while I want to rely mostly on traditional art I believe that I will need to know and use digital from time to time as well.
    Do you get the support from members in the forums you need? So far yes, it's been wonderful.
    Is it hard to learn how to use ARTRAGE for you? Relatively easy, much more so than other programs. I found that all of the tools and controls are very easily understood once I began experimenting with them.

Your age: 12, almost 13!
    How long have you used AR? Hmmm...About 9 months? No idea.
    Which Version of AR do you use? ArtRage Studio Pro.
    Are you utilizing the tutorials to learn? I prefer to learn by myself, but I always check the tutorials, just in case.
    What is your favorite style and medium, ie; watercolors, oils, etc.? Watercolours and ink.
    Do your parents support your art desires? Yup. My mum thinks I'm very talented.
    Do you have your own dedicated computer? Yes.
    What do you want to use ARTRAGE for, ie; fun, learning, etc? Relaxing, fun, learning how to become an amazing artist.
    What are your goals as a beginning artist? To just paint and draw and not really care what happens, art-wise, because I believe it's the expression of the heart, mind and soul.
    Do you feel that ARTRAGE has helped you to improve your art? Yes indeed!
    Do you use a pen drawing tablet? Yup!
    Do you use a mouse? No. I cannot draw with a mouse. >:
    Have you printed any of your artworks? Nope.
    Are you taking ART lessons or classes in school? Yes.
    What do you enjoy the most using ARTRAGE? Mixing the colours, seeing what I can make, and doodling!
    Do you feel that ARTRAGE has helped you any to improve? It has helped me with my drawings and the colours I use in pictures.
    What do your friends think of your art with ARTRAGE? They think it's amazing.
    Do you want to be a professional digital Artist? I want to be partially digital, partially traditional.
    Do you get the support from members in the forums you need? Yes! :3
    Is it hard to learn how to use ARTRAGE for you? Nope. It has a very simple UI, with amazing results.

Thanks; Weeun and ThelittlestFrog,

Your participation is truly appreciated. This information will in some way be used in our Under 18 Artists pages....to assist others in your age group to determine if artrage is right for them and easy enough to learn and use.

Thank you again, Ragers and thanks for hanging out with us in the forums, we all love to see your artworks and progress! Gee I thought we had ore than 2 under 18 but hey we have the best! You

I hope to see more under 18 Ragers threads on this post with info. ??

Bobby Ray Howle Editor ARTRAGEus E-Magazine

I'd just like to mention that I found out about ArtRage in a tech magazine for high school kids (whn Iw as 19 - I was reading it to enter contests for my siblings )

Flynn_the_Cat,

Thanks for that! It is nice to hear. I am wondering though, just how many under 18 we have here in the forums? hummm 2?

It is always nice to know and I do want to welcome and include them in our E-Mag, if they want to join in. They are the future, Ya know!

just a thought

A lot of people - kids and adults - often use the same username or screen name on forums, facebook, etc. Identifying younger people may be safe here, but might not be other places. I know most younger people are aware they shouldn't give out email addresses, actual locations they live, etc, but the internet can be a cruel place with some determined and devious people who would search through other web sites for similar info. Maybe you should consider gathering this information by Private Messaging or by supplying your own personal email address to send the info to. I understand most of the info you are gathering is harmless, but you do specifically identify them for age...

Or maybe I'm just worried about nothing
    Last edited by 337_lee; 02-03-2010 at 03:43 AM. Reason: spelling
    I don't have digital... I don't have diddly squat
    It's not having what you want... it's wanting what you've got

Hi 337_Lee

Thanks for the tip. I had carefully considered this dilemma. A members profile is available on the forums and as such, a member under 18 chooses to add their age to it or not. Thus it is easy to find or not. So, what to do? I added this post to get general info from the forum members under 18 for statistical reasons only. Most Ragers know who is who in the forums anyway. Granted there are those evil minded creatures that lurk about the net... we have no controls on them, yet. I believe it is up to the parents to decide what is best for their young artists on line. The problem is I do not know them and have asked to have them fill in the blanks...screenname only. The forum has no control of a members posting their age in their profile. That is entirely their call. I only hope that they are considering removing/disabling it for those members under 18.

Your age: 15, 16 by the time of 5th may
    How long have you used AR? i think about 1o months
    Which Version of AR do you use? 2.5 wacom edition, thinking of studio now
    Are you utilizing the tutorials to learn? not really
    What is your favorite style and medium, ie; watercolors, oils, etc.? style is manga and medium is the regular pencil
    Do your parents support your art desires? yes they love it when i draw and ask me about it all the time
    Do you have your own dedicated computer? yes
    What do you want to use ARTRAGE for, ie; fun, learning, etc? mostly for learning but also for fun
    What are your goals as a beginning artist? make my way up to the best:P
    Do you feel that ARTRAGE has helped you to improve your art? yes since the layer part is really coming in handy
    Do you use a pen drawing tablet? yes
    Do you use a mouse? no
    Have you printed any of your artworks? not yet
    Are you taking ART lessons or classes in school? yes i could choose it so i did
    What do you enjoy the most using ARTRAGE? yes
    Do you feel that ARTRAGE has helped you any to improve? already answered that above
    What do your friends think of your art with ARTRAGE? it's cool, they like it
    Do you want to be a professional digital Artist? no
    Do you get the support from members in the forums you need? yes, the people here are as kind as can be and they would do everything to help
    Is it hard to learn how to use ARTRAGE for you? 1 hour was all that it took for the basics.