ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: AR doc always out of bounds

AR doc always out of bounds

I mean when opening a new doc/ canvas, it's too big, can't see the borders,
    sometimes the tools / colors are gone.

Would like to preset my doc/ canvas so everything is inside the borders of the mac.

BW, Omar

G5 PPC OS 10.4.11; 20''

Hi there,

By default when you open the application it should be creating a painting the same size as the ArtRage window. When you create a new painting the option to use Window Size should be there, which ensures the canvas will fit in the window.

I'm not entirely sure if the problem is the canvas or the ArtRage window though, when you say you sometimes lose the Tools/Colours is the window appearing partially off the screen?
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

ok reg. the tools I discovered those green handles, left, right & top, cool!

ok, I also discovered this rectangle at the top handler, which lets me toggle between different canvas? sizes.

BUT I still miss a more elaborate preference pane to set a default (size) for my default pages.

For ex, how can I get rid of this blue background behind my canvas which hides everything else on my desktop?

BW, Omar
    (otherwise a very cool app; just would like to learn more about it, is there a video somewhere?)

G5 PPC OS 10.4.11

Hi,

If you have a look please at: http : //

mac.abc.se/home/onesr/pic/apps/artr/artr1.jpg

You'll see that the artrage doc doesn't have a "top" like a normal mac-app,
    with those buttons, green, yellow, red, this is something I'd vote for any time!

bw, Omar

Thanks for the screenshot. It looks like you're currently in fullscreen mode. Click the window icon in the top toolbar just to the left of the 'X' button to window the app. Then you should see the standard OS X window controls.

The background color appears to be set to blue at the moment, you can change that if you wish in Edit -> ArtRage Preferences -> Interface

When ArtRage is windowed, you can drag the bottom right corner to resize it to whatever dimensions you wish. It will start up at the dimensions you close it at, and by default will show a canvas of the same size as the window.

You can also create a new painting via File -> New Painting, and choose the size you want to use. The menu button at the top right of this panel allows you to add size presets, which you can then access from the menu ( File -> New Painting -> Open the menu and select a saved size preset, click OK to make a new painting of that size )
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design