Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom picker utility

Well, I tried the both ways and with the two files I get the transparent template, where I can have any color I choice ?!
    Eventually I can make the choice of the number of colors of my palette and do the template and after have the palettes.

I don't know if it will be visible , I show what I get (white on white,
    if you click on the image you can see where it is the template) :
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "All are about quiet and light." Dany
    Daily Studio Notes , Daniela Ionesco-Fine Art

If you open up the file in Artrage (File -> Import Image File), you should see the opaque and transparent parts of the image just fine. After that it's just a matter of filling (hotkey "f") the areas with colors desired.

I'm not sure about the .col issue. It might have something with the input format. Hopefully azathothgr can answer that issue better.

Thanks bebraw, is a good idea to use directly Art Rage,

what I wanted to say was that in fact which colors was in the text is not important as long as you do the palette after
    but it give to me the idea to make a template with a certain number of colors on my choice and after do the different palettes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dany51 View Post
    I don't know what an integer is,
    I have a text like that:
    "#333333
    #5588aa
    #cc6600
    #cccccc
    #0000cc
    #f0f0f0
    #ffffff
    "
    and tried to use it but I didn't have anything .
    Also two or three col files didn't work ,
    one was about six or eight color , the other, I don't know ,certainly bigger.

I any case, the others worked well.

Thank you very much !!

Here are some knew palettes :

Paint My Cat and Artists Oils :
    Oo why didn't I think of that! The text file was just for entering a number of colors,and creating an empty template. But it could certainly have hex values and create a full picker, I'll look into it if you like. Might be useful for copying colors from web tools or something like that..
    As for the .col files that didn't work, maybe they're artrage2 .col files, and they're different than AR3 in some way, or I just didn't understand the col file format very well. After all I just opened some in a hex editor and saw where all the values were.
    Could you attach them?

Hexidecimal too ... ooo yes please
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Sorry, I dont understand...

The images posted gave me the idea that this was something that would fit into the color picker tool slot bottom right hand corner - into which we can drop a .col file. But the link delivered a PNG file and then also a rar file - none of which seem executable...

I had imagined that this might be a way to derive colors from an image file that are then loaded into this as a color chart.

But how is this different from loading colors in the color samples floating panel - other than in its half circular shape?

Sorry if I have misunderstood

Sorry, I dont understand...

The images posted gave me the idea that this was something that would fit into the color picker tool slot bottom right hand corner - into which we can drop a .col file. But the link delivered a PNG file and then also a rar file - none of which seem executable...

I had imagined that this might be a way to derive colors from an image file that are then loaded into this as a color chart.

But how is this different from loading colors in the color samples floating panel - other than in its half circular shape?

Sorry if I have misunderstood

Oo why didn't I think of that! The text file was just for entering a number of colors,and creating an empty template. But it could certainly have hex values and create a full picker, I'll look into it if you like. Might be useful for copying colors from web tools or something like that..
    As for the .col files that didn't work, maybe they're artrage2 .col files, and they're different than AR3 in some way, or I just didn't understand the col file format very well. After all I just opened some in a hex editor and saw where all the values were.
    Could you attach them?
    @azathothgr : a full picker, good idea if you have time for it !

about the .col files who didn't work ,
    you have two executables, picker_sort and picker_unsort,

when I begin I tried the unsort and didn't work with any color files that I tried, then I tried the other one and it worked with all the files excepted two or three,
    now, as I want to be sure of it, I tried again the two files and the file that didn't work with the picker_sort worked with the other one .

I have many .col files and the most of them are from AR2.5, is not a problem with that.

I upload here the "hues" .col files which give me problems but I get the picker and finally there are no problem but perhaps this can help you to understand better what is all about and eventually explain to me,
    I didn't programming from the '70, it may give you an idea how far I am from it
    Thanks again for all this !!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Rowena,
    no doubt azathothgr can give a more complete answer
    but the simple one is :

unzip the .rar file in a folder and you have in there two executable
    (read my precedent post about it),
    call the folder custompicker,

I have it in my Colors folder in Art Rage folder

all you have to do is to find all (or what you want to have as pickers)
    your .col collection from the Resources folder and bring them in that folder,
    then one by one drop them on the executable,
    you will see the pickers show up one by one,
    then bring back the .col files to their place and the pickers to the pickers folder.

Hope this will help !

Hi Dany,

Thanks for the answer and for trying to help... maybe I am just thick, but I am just a humble artist and not a programmer.

So I am trying to unzip the file as directed... but first it seems I must first win zip the file? I did that and found it was pre named just like you said - so now I extract from the winzip - but nothing! no executable files, just a win zip bundle is added to my collection. i now have 1 .rar fille and 1 PNG image, and the whole thing in a win zip bundle.

Nothing makes sense