Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom picker utility

Quote Originally Posted by Juz View Post
    Fantastic... having the two options is really helpful as there are times where i want to sort and other times when i want to maintain the order of the orignal .col.

Just wanted to ask what image file types can be used for a palette generated from an image ?

A huge thank you to both Azathothgr and Bebraw for your work on this great utility
    jpg and png. Theoretically any image could be used, but those are the most common ones anyway.

This seems to be a very usefull tool, is it possible to make it work under osx (mac)?

regards / Ulrik

Brilliant idea.

Perhaps the Rage team could add an option to display any color swatch set you make in the picker like this, without the need to convert it into PNG?

Quote Originally Posted by ulrik View Post
    This seems to be a very usefull tool, is it possible to make it work under osx (mac)?

regards / Ulrik
    I can't package it for OSX, I've no easy access to it, but theoretically python is cross platform and should work.
    If you take the time to run the sources in osx, you could package it as a binary.
    That would require installing python, cairo, pycairo, PIL, and something like py2app, some of which aren't very straightforward to install, so I wouldn't recommend going to all that trouble just to run this little script..
    On the other hand, if you happen to already have python installed and have some idea of python on OSX (I dont :P), you could give it a shot.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by azathothgr View Post
    I can't package it for OSX, I've no easy access to it, but theoretically python is cross platform and should work.
    If you take the time to run the sources in osx, you could package it as a binary.
    That would require installing python, cairo, pycairo, PIL, and something like py2app, some of which aren't very straightforward to install, so I wouldn't recommend going to all that trouble just to run this little script..
    On the other hand, if you happen to already have python installed and have some idea of python on OSX (I dont :P), you could give it a shot.
    Well I have all dependecies installed already, except py2app, I'm not very good at this kind of thing but I will give it a try.
    I guess I have to have the source code?

The source in both archives is identical. To make the sort and unsort versions just change a variable near the end of picker.py : sort=False to sort=True.

As for py2app I've no idea either.. If it's anything like cx_freeze, then it shouldn't be too hard. The most basic options, copied straight from the documentation examples worked just fine. Probably adding unneeded modules, but oh well.

Just extract the directory somewhere, and then drop a .col file over the executable.
    You can also drop a simple txt file containing an integer, to create a transparent picker template for that amount of colors, which you can then fill up in gimp or photoshop.
    I don't know what an integer is,
    I have a text like that:
    "#333333
    #5588aa
    #cc6600
    #cccccc
    #0000cc
    #f0f0f0
    #ffffff
    "
    and tried to use it but I didn't have anything .
    Also two or three col files didn't work ,
    one was about six or eight color , the other, I don't know ,certainly bigger.

I any case, the others worked well.

Thank you very much !!

Here are some knew palettes :

Paint My Cat and Artists Oils :
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    "All are about quiet and light." Dany
    Daily Studio Notes , Daniela Ionesco-Fine Art

The Artists oils and CMYK Color Wheel.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Quote Originally Posted by Dany51 View Post
    I don't know what an integer is,
    I have a text like that:
    "#333333
    #5588aa
    #cc6600
    #cccccc
    #0000cc
    #f0f0f0
    #ffffff
    "
    and tried to use it but I didn't have anything .
    Also two or three col files didn't work ,
    one was about six or eight color , the other, I don't know ,certainly bigger.
    Just try putting in some text file (num.txt or something)
    Code:
    where 5 is the amount of color swatches you want.

That should do the trick.

A different text than the one with the colors ?!

Isn't possible to ad it in a different line after or before the text colors,
    in the same file ?