Thread: Custom picker utility

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiko View Post
    Sammy (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...l-Oils-Palette) made a palette that has real pigments for oil artists and I would like to convert it to a colour picker.

Thank you for any tip.
    Any image can be used as a color picker. With the .col file you've linked to, you could get away with just taking a screen shot of the samples panel and using it within your Color Picker. If the size of the squares are to small, you could sample the color from the samples panel and use the Ink Pen to create dabs of the colors, which you could then export as a PNG image to use with the Color Picker. I've actually made a Sticker Spray preset which makes single dots for this, so that I can easily move them around as single stickers and arrange them nicely within a stencil I made that is an outline of the color picker area. If you don't feel like doing it yourself at the moment, just save and use either of the examples below (which are sampled from the .col link you provided).

Here's an example where I just took a screen shot of the Samples panel, and resized it to fit within the color picker panel.

Name:  oils2.png
Views: 3088
Size:  35.0 KB

Here's an example where I sampled the colors. I used my sticker spray to make dots and then arranged them to fit into the panel better:

Name:  oils.png
Views: 3175
Size:  34.7 KB
    Last edited by Someonesane; 02-09-2013 at 04:00 PM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.