ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Use of popup color picker

Use of popup color picker

Bonjour
    I am new user and still learning ArtRage 3.005
    It is about popup color picker .I can have it via the color pod but is it possible to have with shortcut key (page 20 of user guide mention it but not indicate witch)
    And i like this popup color picker ,even is not as precise as the regular color picker :it would be nice if exist a way to stabilise its display (for now is is quick appearing tool and also quick desappearing tool)

Martial
    a long time user of now Corel Painter who begin to prefer ArtRage (its new watercolor brushes is excellent,the interface is so fonctionnal ,etc)

Ps I am not really a new user since i had Artrage 2 Butit was on my hard drive and not not really use it But with this new version i decide to use it more and i like it
    Last edited by martial; 01-30-2010 at 11:09 AM.

I had seen the pop-up color picker in the manual, and couldn't get it to work or appear at all. I thought maybe I had a conflicting shortcut from the 2.5 installation.

If it does appear and disappear quickly as suggested, it must be really quick, cause I don't even get a glimpse. I would probably use this feature if I can get it enabled. I've been through the prefs and user shortcuts and don't even see mention of it. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot...
    I don't have digital... I don't have diddly squat
    It's not having what you want... it's wanting what you've got

Yes so speedy tool !!!
    Click on the color pod and hold it (mouse or tablet pen) and the picker will appear
    If i hadn't read the doc i wouldn't see it also

Hi all, I believe Hanzz has provided the answer you seek here:-
    http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=24724
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Merci Juz
    That is what i want ....still lots of things to explore and find

Hello Martial and Lee....! I wasn't sure at first what the two of you were talking about until I went to the manual for AR3 to page 20. This was new to me and so I decided to try it for myself. It seems that in order for you to get this "pop-up" color picker.....

(1) you have to have the color picker panel in the collapsed mode

(2) you have to click on the color pod with the left-click button on either your mouse or the stylus pen and keep holding this left-click button down as you maneuver the cursor over the pop-up color picker to select the color of your choice.

It's not the clearest instructions in the manual but this is what you have to do in order to keep the pop-up color picker visible. Once you select the color and it's saturation level, simply release the left-click button and the new color of choice is now the current color being displayed in the color pod.

The use of this pop-up color picker is really for the times you have limited space on your desktop or you just like lots of space and then have the color picker collapsed. This pop-up is suppose to be more convenient instead of having to open up the color picker to pick a new color. At least, that's my take on it!!!

thank you

I had sort of figured it out by experimenting. I like the idea of the pop up, and it would be convenient if it just popped up under your cursor no matter where you are on the screen. I have two monitors, so I have the color picker, samples, layers, tools, etc displayed on the second monitor (in the tear-off mode) so I doubt I'll use this. I do have a MacBook Pro that I use occasionally though, so it might come in handy when I'm using that machine

Hi 337_Lee,
    After using the tip from Hanzz i've linked to above to make the Tint/Tone picker permanent... Right click the green and white grabber and choose 'Tear Off Edge' (see image). You can then located the palette wherever you need it
    Attached Images Attached Images  

that's exactly what I do Juz. Sometimes I wish people could read my mind and not my words, 'cause they don't always come out the same way . I have the color picker tore off, displayed permanently on the second monitor, and I can move it to wherever I want. I prefer it out of the way, over on the second monitor. I guess I was just hoping for a pop up color picker that could be displayed, no matter how simple and inaccurate it may be, with a shortcut or mouse click, under my cursor while I was on the canvas. It's such an effort to move all the way over to the second monitor to change colors, you know

After reading this, it probably makes as much sense as my first comment, but I know what I mean

oh sorry, my mistake... i see what you mean, it would be nice to be able to call it from the toggle button on the stylus... or perhaps being able to tear off multiple instances of the picker so that we could pop more than one around the art