ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Eraser Icon

Eraser Icon

I have just discovered a useful
    (but to others probably elementary)
    way of using the eraser

If I want to erase an area and replace it with any given colour then just use the desired colour underneath as a layer.

Having done this at 1% size for fine detail work I now find that the Eraser icon is too big and partly obscures the area worked on

Could AR please consider introducing a cross hairs eraser icon for finer detail work (optional setting saveable etc)
    If I were marooned on a desert island, please air drop me a copy of Artrage 5.0! (Plus a laptop and solar panel)

Hi iceaxe,

It sounds like turning on precise cursors would help with that. If you're using ArtRage Studio / Studio Pro go to Edit -> ArtRage Preferences -> Cursors and select the precise cursor option to make all tools a crosshair cursor. Make sure that 'magnify the precise cursor' is unchecked. Alternatively, the default keyboard shortcuts for quick access ( editable via Edit -> Set Keyboard Shortcuts ) 1 = precise cursors 2 = outline cursors and 3 = tool cursors if you want to change back and forth between cursor types.

For ArtRage 2.5 users, you can change your cursor type from outline to precise and back again via pressing C on your keyboard, or via Edit -> Preferences -> Use Precise cursors ( again, make sure that 'magnify the precise cursor' is unchecked )

Let me know if I've misunderstood, I hope that's of some help.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks for that Dave

That answers the question,
    but might I suggest what follows
    (as a third option)

that the cross hairs could be expanded ,
    to extend over the entire canvas

This would be useful to
    a) easily locate the active point
    (I find the small cross hairs hard to work with for very long)
    b) quickly align objects in any particular direction when rotating the canvas
    (the lines would remain perpendicular to the screen)

Open to alternative ideas comments of course
    If I were marooned on a desert island, please air drop me a copy of Artrage 5.0! (Plus a laptop and solar panel)