ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Metric rulers

Metric rulers

Hi ! As I'm french, I would like to use rulers with métric graduations (mm )
    Is it existing, or could it be a suggestion ?
    Thanks

I guess that it does not exist.
    It could be a suggestion ...

And just to know, because I am french myself, why do you need that ? (c'est vraiment juste pour savoir, hein ... ) I always use the pixel side of the ruler to check proportions, but I guess that there might be some other usage, particularly in relationship with a printer ? (On my side I do not print anything ... that is maybe why I do not see why you need cm )

___ EDIT ___
    almost forgot :
    Be welcome my french friend
    On va finir par être un petit nombre de mangeur d'escargot (ou de francophone en tout cas, c'est pas toujours les mêmes ) sur ce forum

You can actually use them in Metric but it's a bit hard right now...

When you create the painting, set its size then select the Print Size option and set the Units to cm or mm. That will cause your rulers to measure in either cm or mm.

If you have already created a painting, go to the Resize Painting option and select Print Size, then without changing any of the values just switch the units to cm or mm and click OK. The painting will not be resized (the size has not changed) but the rulers will adapt to the new units.

I will make a note to look at an easier way to do this.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thumbs up Metric rulers

Thanks to Mattrage ! That runs ... defining size of the paint in mm automatically the ruler has a side with pix grad. and the other in mm.
    It's very easy to define.
    Un clin d'oeil à Likoum: Sometimes I draw pictures of existing objects and it's easier (for me) to have metric rulers to transcribe objects with defined scales.
    Je suis tout nouveau sur ce forum, alors salut aux francophones !
    @+