ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting back in the swing of things

Getting back in the swing of things

Hey everyone, been missing all of you. I know I have not been around in quite a while, I've been lurking in here and there to continue viewing everyone's work but I've not had the time or energy to post, let alone get some new paintings done.

Life's been quite hectic, on the family and financial front, so there's been some rough patches I've had to get through. But I missed being here around all my friends, so I whipped up a quick painting; not much time or effort this time, just a way to say hi again to all of you

Still haven't bought the full version of AR3, so this is still 2.5. I'll upgrade eventually though
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "We can only grow the way the wind blows...
    We can only bow to the here and now,
    or be broken down blow by blow."

- Rush

Wow, I really like the colors in this. It reminds me a little of Lord of the Rings. Thanks for posting it.

Welcome back and thanks for sharing this wonderfullly moody and evocative piece of work.

Beautiful as always Ailaya! Welcome back, I've missed you and your wonderful artwork! I like that you often add a little beacon of light in your sometimes dark and moody paintings. That beacon of light is the hope and the good that always shines even when life gets rough! Well done!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    — Eckhart Tolle

Its so good to see you back Ailaya and a wonderful painting to return with.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

I like your work Ailaya,
    what is it that inspired you in this unique direction?
    (thinking of latest and previous similar works)
    Thanks
    If I were marooned on a desert island, please air drop me a copy of Artrage 5.0! (Plus a laptop and solar panel)

What a beautiful piece, indeed! You've been missed and we're glad to see you're back posting and commenting! Welcome back, Jersey girl!

Missed you Jess, and so happy to see you and your beautiful work again. The colors are rich and the painting gorgeous.

Dearest Jessica, I hope everything's fine now and that we may enjoy Your presence in full rather than by occasional peeping ...
    I did notice You appearing in the attending members' list sometimes, but, since You kept silent and not posting, I thought that some issue was keeping You discreet, so I refrained from possibly bothering You.
    As far as I can see here, You didn't lose Your capabilities at all and I hope You'll soon be able to dive also into the new AR3.
    This landscape clearly speaks Ailayan mysterious whispers and magical language. Take care, dear friend!
    Last edited by Caesar; 01-30-2010 at 03:47 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Cycles, thanks very much! And reminding you of Lord of the Rings is a huge compliment, big fan

jbyrjbyr, thank you and it's good to be back!

Sketchism, thank you for the kinds words my friend! I've missed your art as well, and I'm glad you like my token 'beacons' I like to put in.

Thanks very much coops, can't imagine how many lovely flowers I've missed!

iceaxe, most of my artwork of this type was the inspiration I had for a novel I'm working on, so I continue the style as I developed my story. Thanks for the comment!

Eileen, ahhh yes, the Jersey girl is back! Thanks for the kind words!

Thank you very much Sandy, I've missed you as well! I appreciate your kind compliments!

Dear Caesar, as much fun as peeping is, (in some ways ) I shall indeed be around more now. And you could never possibly have bothered me dear friend, any word from you is always delightful and warming! And thank you for the sweet comment, I shall delve into all the possibilities of AR3 soon enough, and hopefully it'll give me even more opportunities to explore my mysterious landscapes
    "We can only grow the way the wind blows...
    We can only bow to the here and now,
    or be broken down blow by blow."

- Rush